land lease expire

Pizquita10

Hello I have a Villa that the lease land ends soon and I would like to confirm how we must return de property. We understand, walls and roof of the building must remain but we have doubts about : windows, doors, bale , swimming pool, waterpomp, garden…
And could anyone help me what to do with the furnitures, how to sell them. I will appreciate any suggestion. thanks

You built or bought the house and just contracted the land is that correct? Totally depends on your agreements in the contract.
Generally you own everything on the land when you leave and can't agree on a continuation. The lessee is by law not so defenseless as many think (says my notary)

If you own the house and could knock it down and your landlord wants it why not make a deal with him? Like I give you the house if you give me free extension of x years? Or we together rent it to a new party and we split the money x / x? ... etc

You built or bought the house and just contracted the land is that correct? Totally depends on your agreements in the contract.
Generally you own everything on the land when you leave and can't agree on a continuation. The lessee is by law not so defenseless as many think (says my notary)

If you own the house and could knock it down and your landlord wants it why not make a deal with him? Like I give you the house if you give me free extension of x years? Or we together rent it to a new party and we split the money x / x? ... etc
As Sakumabali states -

It starts with the contract - which needs to be in Indonesian to be legally valid - and goes from there. So you should start there.

In the absence of any detail you'll have to overcome the "that's how it works here" mentality and attempting to agree a fair price and sell to the land owner seems a good course of action - though I'd expect major pushback.

I'd also heard of foreigners having some success in the courts regards legal remedy (dont know the specifics of the claims) however I imagine legal costs would be significant if you went this way.

Good luck

if your landlord is a difficult person and you have issues you can "sell" the last months of your expiring contract to a balinese person you like. Bali vs bule; you know who wins. Bali vs Bali is a different story. As you are legally entitled to sell your leased land it might be a strong argument in your favor

Back