KITAS - paperwork

Billt4SF

Aug 4, 2014
Hi there Balipodders:

We obtained a retirement visa with KITAS and upon entering the other day the passport control guy said we need a "paper" to make everything official in some way that I did not understand.

We have a stamp on the passport which says "KITAS" (actually it reads "ITAS" but I assume it's a partial stamp?) and we came in through the KITAS line (Thank God!). They let us in with no problem except this comment to get this paper "next time".

We also had a problem coming from SFO in that the airline agent didn't accept that we had a multiple-entry visa and so made us purchase an outbound ticket.

What am I missing to make the KITAS look as good as it is?

Thanks,

Bill

davita

Mar 13, 2012
If you only have the retirement ITAS in your passport you have 7 days for your agent to apply for the Kitas, which is a small yellow card which you need to carry with you (most make a copy and carry that). Losing the Kitas card could be costly. This completes the documentation.

Reactions: Billt4SF

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Did you have MERP, ie the multiple re-entry permit stamped in your passport? Without this you could lose your KITAS upon exiting Indonesia and then have problems trying to re-enter as KITAS holder (which technically you would no longer be).

Last edited: