bundyrum

Jun 16, 2013
So if I've had a kitas 3 years ..going to fourth next month..just got married to Indonesian woman..can I have her sponser me onto a Kitap..some people say no has to be the agent..or go back to kitas with her as sponser...or go for kitap on my retirement kitas.....anyway will see my notery tomorrow who is one of the best around here..she should know...just askn..and if you know please state the law.and number etc;..so I can show my notery..thanx..

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Maybe the "just got married" is the key here. Looks like you need to have been married for 2 years.
Under the new immigration law, foreign spouses of Indonesians can apply for an ITAP (five year residency permit), after having been legally married for two years. Some immigration officers still hesitant to enact provisions which they don't have implementation instructions for. This will change as the new law becomes more "socialized". It is recommended that you take a printed copy of the new immigration law with you when you go to apply (especially Pasal 60 and Pasal 141). Insisting that the provisions of the new law are followed will help you process your applications!
This comes from Mixed Marriages - Legal concerns for Indonesians and expatriates who marry

bundyrum

Jun 16, 2013
does look a bit like that...but i think immigrasi is even confused..maybe some slippery Rp...needed..I'll talk 2morrow to my notery..see if she's got the law on it..cheers..