Jakarta to Bali- Any cheap movers? How do I move pets?

guestjakarta

Feb 18, 2006
Jakarta for now
Hello

I will be moving to Bali from Jakarta and I was wondering if anyone knew any cheap movers for that distance...

Also, how should I move my Shitzhu dog and cockatoo? Any friendly airlines that allow these in the cabin?

Thanks for your input!

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Huh? Moving to Bali to Jakarta and wanting to FLY with two pets? :shock:

Sorry, that's on my "insane" list....thus, no reply. :p

But......and just for grins....any reason why your addy is "guestjakarta" when you aren't there yet? Just wondering.

Namaste, and good luck to your pets.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
OK, OK, OK...sorry about my reaction. You’re moving from Jakarta to Bali...and with two pets

Why fly? Why not drive in caravan with your stuff? It’s only about 30 hours from Jakarta to Denpasar, and what a wonderful adventure along the way.

Geez, I’m sorry, but the image of a little flight, from Jakarta to Bali, with a Shitzhu and Cockatoo on board, kinda of makes me laugh, almost out of control. Should I meet you at Ngurah Rai with some “Kibbles and bits” and crackers?

G

martini.jpg

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Typical of an Ozzie....underestimating the size of a real New York martini glass. :D

That's a wimp's martini Allan, but don't take my word for it...just ask your mates here and about!

made marko

Jun 12, 2004
Niskala, Berkala
Typical of a expat NY'er...
A 'Martini' has a lemon zest & is made of GIN!
This one has no 'legs' - noticable viscosity from rim of glass to surface of liqiud, and 2 rather small olives that appear to have been pierced with someone's body jewelery.( excuse me barkeep, are you missing your tounge stud?)

As for the taveling w/ pets.
Sri Ganesha rides a mouse, and Wisnu and Saraswati, on birds...
I think it would be nice to ride the dog thru Java, then it''s only a short flight across the straits via Cockatoo!

guestjakarta

Feb 18, 2006
Jakarta for now
I actually DID consider driving the way. I forgot to mention im a single mother with kids in tow.
Last year's capture of the tol road pirates is still too vivid..

But really, has no one moved pets from Jakarta to Bali before? And, if not pets, can anyone recommend an affordable moving company?

Thanks again for your input

made marko

Jun 12, 2004
Niskala, Berkala
Sorry for my curt reply guestjakarta,
I seem to recall a thread last year regarding transport of pets.
You could search the archives.
I'm certain some forum members must know of a reliable company.
Good luck!

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Last year's capture of the tol road pirates is still too vivid..

Aside from yourselves, and your dog and bird, are you also sending over to Bali personal possessions...like furniture and other house-hold items?

If that is a yes, then send the dog and bird along with those guys sending your couch and stuff. You and your mate can fly, but sending your dog and bird by air travel can open up a can of worms that you really don't want to deal with.

guestjakarta

Feb 18, 2006
Jakarta for now
Yes thanks Roy. I only just today found out that movers not only move furniture, but pets as well.

They confirmed what youre saying about land-transporting the pets. flying was evidently not an option..
:)

For future readers: No canines will be flown by a mover since Bali is deemed a "rabies-free" environment whereas Jakarta is not. Hence a quarantine will no doubt be imposed, and for this reason alone, no inter-indo airline will take the risk..

And Made Marko, I am looking at the archives as you suggested...
Thank you both

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
I’m glad you got my point without my having to publicly state how to circumvent the law. :shock:

Welcome to Bali...and stay in touch with us if you care to.

observer

May 28, 2005
USA
not sure how feasible it is, but if I were you I will try to bring the dog with me :) They can get heatstroke and die if the movers do not handle them well. Sometimes dogs are handled like 'stuff' and put in the heat, or are not given enough water, and they can die.

I don't know how Indonesian movers handle this, but thought that you should check first. They have to use temperature controlled vehicle to move pets.

ColinF

Jan 12, 2006
Er...uh....Yunita, reading - or trying to read - that, perhaps it could be someone else who needs the help??!!!!!!

Colin.

yunita

Mar 3, 2006
hastings new zealand
Re: RE: Jakarta to Bali- Any cheap movers? How do I move pet

ColinF said:
Er...uh....Yunita, reading - or trying to read - that, perhaps it could be someone else who needs the help??!!!!!!

Colin.

hi bpk colin...

tht someone myb is u? :)

ColinF

Jan 12, 2006
To understand just what was being said? Yes, I guess a little help would be appreciated. :roll:

Colin.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I'm with you, Colin. It think yunita is using "sms speak" and I'm afraid I don't own an sms dictionary. :roll: :wink:

ColinF

Jan 12, 2006
Hello Guestjakarta..........

as you've already learned, flying your dog to Bali is fraught with problems. However, there are now many pedigree dogs in Bali, some bred locally and some bred in Java and shipped here by the kennels for the new owner, as was my Golden Retriever, so it can't be very difficult.
Probably your best bet for advice would be a breeding kennels or the All Indonesia Kennel Club (phone 021 6306905), also http://www.anjingkita.com has helped me previously with research info.
I'm pretty sure that they all come by road, but I don't think I'd leave my dog to the tender mercies of the 'mover's crew'! Have you considered the train from Jakarta to Banguwangi if you feel unsafe about the drive, then car to Denpasar? Whatever you do, I would make absolutely sure your dog is right up-to-date on his "shots" and has a very recent vet's health certificate. Just in case questions get asked.
Colin.