Is The Gossip True

Juggler

I hear tell that Bali wont be opening its borders until Jan 21. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Here is the announcement.

Attachments

• Bali Prov announcement August 22 - 2020 Bali Tourism closure (ENG).pdf
    307.6 KB · Views: 39
Yeah guys, just like you that's the very last thing I wanted to hear or read. My response would be a bit stronger than "BUGGER"

For those who've read the Bali Prov announce link above.
Makes one wonder what's going on in the unseen universe ?
An unseen vaccine, perhaps on an auspicious "seen" day?

I used to think that Japan was up there with the weirdest countries in the world I've been to.
Like being on a different planet.
Not so sure these days.

Been on this "Planet Bali"for 25+ years so far. (Is it in the "Indonesia Universe"?)
Wonder what blind people "see"?

Coincidentally, I just spent half a day at a major hospital in Sanur getting my eyes re-checked (after 3 months).
More or less OK. Still two cataracts, one worse than the other. My "better" eye still working fine.
Still thinking about my options. Guess I'll see what happens, in either mono or stereo.

:rolleyes:

If I got it right, Kostner wants to open it on a holy day, 11 Sept, but not possible because of the national regulations. Pls enlighten me

Guys Not sure if this is the right placeto ask this question but can someone give me the good oil on the spouse Kitas. I am going to marry my Balinese lady when I can get over there. Once married how do you go about getting the spouse Kitas??

Guys Not sure if this is the right placeto ask this question but can someone give me the good oil on the spouse Kitas. I am going to marry my Balinese lady when I can get over there. Once married how do you go about getting the spouse Kitas??

Word to the wise - if you marry a Balinese woman and take her to your country (or anywhere else, for that matter) you will have a new wife, and probably a good one. If you marry a Balinese woman and stay here you will have a new family and probably an expensive one.

Word to the wise - if you marry a Balinese woman and take her to your country (or anywhere else, for that matter) you will have a new wife, and probably a good one. If you marry a Balinese woman and stay here you will have a new family and probably an expensive one.

You could say the same for the rest of Indonesia, or even other countries like Thailand and the Philippines. I have found most people to be good here, but there is always the exception. Probably every family will have an uncle who will ask for money. I think if you set your boundaries from the beginning you will be fine.

Congrats @Tezza71 and don't forget your prenup! ;):)

Only if you allow it to happen.
Same in all SEA, Africa, or Russia....

Heck, even in the good ole' U.S. of A, my friend married into a degenerate, drug-addicted family who's gambling uncles and brothers are always asking for some spare cash to cover the rent bill or God knows what.

It can happen anywhere so the same rule applies in Indonesia as it does all over the world. If you marry someone, you are not just marrying the girl but also all the baggage she comes with and that includes family. Choose wisely.

Or as I said in my post live in another country from them.
You'll still demands ....

Not even speaking about when you come on holiday.

No, set things straight from day 1.

I was married with a Thai for 15 y, never had a demand. Living with my Indo companion in Bali since 3 years, never had a demand.
Things were made clear "my family doesn't ask me money, neither should yours".

If the usual "yeah, but you know Indonesia (replace by any other country) is different", then explain one more time. Next step is "You see the big brown thing there ? It's called the door !

Although I do agree that living with her in the western world is preferable.
But, as a pensioner, I want sun and warm water every day now.....

Back