• less than 1 day/month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 day/month

• 3 days/month

• more than 3 days/month

• this poll should have been done as days/week!

• Total voters

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Please only poll if you are online for at least a few hours everyday so that we can get a more accurate statistic.

Please also let me know what the most common reasons for down time are and how long it usually takes before its back online again.

Thank you in advance!

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Oh hey, because I didn't poll and there were no replies until Jamie's post, I didn't realize 4 people have poll their results.

3 users with less than 1 day/month of downtime... that's great news!!! It's bad enough the connection is so slow in Bali but if it were unreliable as well it would be suicide for me to move there.

Thanks guys! If anyone else spend at few hours a day online, please do submit your results as well.

jogry blok

Sep 28, 2005
Dencarick
good morning to you all. Re-internet. we have a satelite connection and are very,very happy with it. The service also is excellent. I just call if something is wrong and the same day it is fixed.The speed is enough to talk to my fam. over Skype in holland and New Zealand

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
I use Telkom "Speedy".

Most of the time it's fine. Apart from Telkom's stuffing around or trying to make it better...occasional "server problems".

I can and do use Skype with it.
Like anything on the internet, (especially with a compromised service or connection), you have to be aware of the "peak-hour" net times.
Otherwise you end up in a cyber traffic jam.

In my experience, and where I live, it's power outages/blackouts that cause me to lose on-line time.
Several times a month, anywhere from one to six+ hours at a time.

If the Indonesian government does build a nuclear reactor in central Java to generate more electricity, and if it works,
maybe they'll build one in Bali, too.

The supplying of electricity in Indonesia is a very big problem.
Rolling out thousands of kilometres of fiber optic cable is another one. While I'm not holding my breath,
I hope something works "properly", eventually.

:wink:

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Re: RE: internet reliablity poll

Thank you all again!

Sanurian said:
Like anything on the internet, (especially with a compromised service or connection), you have to be aware of the "peak-hour" net times.
Otherwise you end up in a cyber traffic jam.

In my experience, and where I live, it's power outages/blackouts that cause me to lose on-line time.
Several times a month, anywhere from one to six+ hours at a time.

Sanurian, thank you for your feedback. These were exactly the type of things I was referring to and already feared would be the case. :(