Internet/Cable TV in Bali

MikeS17

Feb 10, 2020
Hi All,

Just looking for some feedback regarding the best options for an ISP/Cable TV provider in Bali. I would like access to Netflix.

Cheers
Mike

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Most ISPs now come with a TV package. Which ISP will depend on your location. Netflix is blocked by Indihome, so you need a VPN to get around it.

Biznet are popular as well as CBN and MTM. XL known for 4G also have a fibre service in some areas.

MikeS17

Feb 10, 2020
Most ISPs now come with a TV package. Which ISP will depend on your location. Netflix is blocked by Indihome, so you need a VPN to get around it.

Biznet are popular as well as CBN and MTM. XL known for 4G also have a fibre service in some areas.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Usually I'd be promoting IPTV, but not knowing your connection speed and ping times going on experiance there's a good chance it would just sit and buffer on most of the streams.

I've got my Mrs (and me when I am there) using netflix and hulu, that is plenty of content you'll need VPN for Hulu (VPN worth having anyway there is certain websites Indonesia blocks that will help you get around and they are cheap) you need to appear to be in the USA but the content is well worth it. Netflix has the advantage you can set it to show Indonesian subtitles so if you're learning the language or Indonesian people want to watch can be helpful.

I have quite a lot of experience on this topic and with computers, feel free to flick a PM if you need further help getting it all going. The big thing to remember is it's better with the netflix style apps, because if they detect connection slowdown they just lower the quality of the stream rather than stop and buffer.

Last edited:

MikeS17

Feb 10, 2020
Usually I'd be promoting IPTV, but not knowing your connection speed and ping times going on experiance there's a good chance it would just sit and buffer on most of the streams.

I've got my Mrs (and me when I am there) using netflix and hulu, that is plenty of content you'll need VPN for Hulu (VPN worth having anyway there is certain websites Indonesia blocks that will help you get around and they are cheap) you need to appear to be in the USA but the content is well worth it. Netflix has the advantage you can set it to show Indonesian subtitles so if you're learning the language or Indonesian people want to watch can be helpful.

I have quite a lot of experience on this topic and with computers, feel free to flick a PM if you need further help getting it all going. The big thing to remember is it's better with the netflix style apps, because if they detect connection slowdown they just lower the quality of the stream rather than stop and buffer.
Thanks for the info. Cheers