P

paulseawind

Question - Are there too many immigrants in ENGLAND?
17% said yes;
11% said no;
72% said:
"I am not understanding the question please.".

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Apakah ada terlalu banyak orang asing di Bali?

Now tell the truth, how many would understand that here on the forum (out of the present context)?

Oh and it's probably completely wrong as my Indonesian is totally crap after 7 years here.

P

paulseawind

Banyak orang are heading to Bali

The Government published an article in 2012 or 2013 where they are targeting retired westerners to take up life on the island, but I can't find that article
The 'team' is looking at what kind of facilities will be needed and will it be compounds, etc, etc
The idea has great merit and should be a commercial success
I think they want to boost the numbers up to 12,000 ??? Or is that 20,000 - I need that article

It makes sense for certain types to set up here
It's fairly safe (unlike parts of the Phils, for example, where you can get kidnapped and shot)
It's still inexpensive if you don't drink alcohol
The weather is fantastic - it is yet another perfect day here in Bali utara - 3-4KTS onshore breeze, blue sky, blue sea, etc
It's quiet by comparison to a western city
There are many choices of activity - basically you can do what you like here with some forward planning
Some people have even got tennis courts

And there's always Lombok if you've had enough of Bali

But there are drawbacks
Health, water supply and the road system all need addressing
One needs to 'navigate' the obstacles in Bali somewhat, such as getting good Australian beef/lamb
Even in the north the traffic has become a lot more fierce and I don't know how many times I have nearly been wiped out on the road here - more than twenty, easy
I sold my Kawasaki because I just want to go slow over to the left on a scooter

That's been my experience over the past 7 years that I have been travelling to Bali and Lombok, and living here (in the North) for the last 2 of those 7

I wouldn't live in the UK for quids
Or Europe

I don't even want to visit the UK any more but I do want to see Keukenhof again because it's awesomely beautiful in the April/May period when the tulips are in bloom
It's a shame the mawar here do not have scents