I need a big favour

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
Hi guys

I’ll be in Bali very soon. I need a favour. Is it possible for anyone to buy a simple pay and go SIM card for me and let me know the number, I want to get some business cards printed before I arrive as my usual provider has my artwork. I have business contacts that I don’t want to lose so, I want to at least give them a contact number in Bali. This is not a scam. I will pay any money up front + a thank you. It is sensible that we pm together before anyone buys anything. I am new to the forum so I do not expect anyone to trust me with bank details. I can pay via Paypal for your security. Note to moderators. Please don’t delete this. I promise it is a personal request and nothing more.

Regards Nige

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Hope you can find someone to assist. Wanted to also check - are you aware how cheap printing business cards is in Bali, here in Australia many people and businesses get their printing done there and save a fortune. You should be able to obtain your artwork from your regular printer, it is your artwork afterall, which you paid for.

G

You might find that most people would be reluctant to buy a sim card for a third party especially someone they don't know.

Vendors are supposed to collect id information from the purchaser. If a sim card was used for an illegal purpose by the third party, the purchaser might find themselves in an uncomfortable situation.

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
Point taken about the illegal activity Allan, I guess I’m just too nice a guy to think of those kind of things lol. The plan though was to give people a contact no before I go. I guess I’ll just get an English one when I am in London and keep it in Bali until I can contact my friends and colleagues by phone or email.

Thanks again

G

Nige, if I was actually in Bali I wouldn't have any qualms about getting a sim card to you. :wink:

Personally I think making id compulsory for buying a sim card is about as useful as banning nail scissors on planes.

Nige

Dec 3, 2007
Lovina. North Bali
I love it when things get confiscated at the airport, then the airline gives you a metal knife and fork to eat your meal. Always makes me smile lol

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Nige, what I did was I kept my local (Aust) sim for a month after I moved so that people could contact me (on global roaming). I bought a sim as soon as I arrived and sms'd everyone who needed my new number. Was a pretty smooth transition. And there is also email.

Colleen

Nov 6, 2002
Adelaide
I got metal

mimpimanis said:
You must travel business class Nige, plasic cutlery in economy for me :eek:(

cutlery in economy with Singapore Airlines in 2006.I was rather surprised at the time.

Must admit it does feel better & I don't feel like I am at a picnic or BBQ when I eat with proper cutlery instead of using the plastic rubbish.

SG

Apr 17, 2007
Sanur, Bali
Re: RE: I need a big favour

Nige said:
I love it when things get confiscated at the airport, then the airline gives you a metal knife and fork to eat your meal. Always makes me smile lol

Malaysian and Singapore always give me metal cuttlery in economy. What I do find amusing is the shop selling nailcutters AFTER the xray machines in KL airport.