House for rent Ubud - Sept-Nov

Mo

Jul 18, 2005
New Zealand
My turn to ask: know of any nice cottages, houses, bungalows, villas, anything for rent for 6 weeks or so in or near Ubud, between Sept and Nov? Nice atmosphere, quiet, hot water, NICE BATHROOM, suitable for children, etc?

If you don't know of anything specific, perhaps you could atleast advise what my chances are of finding such a place, for reasonable rent, AFTER I arrive in Bali? Are there many/any such places to be found on a last-minute basis?

rhondo

Jun 18, 2005
California
8) I am aware of a beautiful 2 story with {maid service daily} with cable tv. the house is very nice , in the rice paddie, and very near monkey forest road . probably $15.00 /us oer day. Does that fit the bill ???? :?:

Mo

Jul 18, 2005
New Zealand
Yes Rhonda, might fit the bill, thanks! Bit worried about 2-storey with a 4 yr old though, does it have an upstairs verandah? Have you stayed there or seen it yourself? Do you know how many beds or bedrooms it has and is there a garden area? Grateful if you could let me know how to find out about it, I haven't tried 'PM'-ing on this forum yet, will give it a try or you could try PM-ing me? Thanks again

rhondo

Jun 18, 2005
California
The two story house is very nice and yes there is a veranda. Next door there is a one story house but one bedroom, one bed{large} and bath and kitchen. Yes Ive stayed there. I like the one level house in that I did not need more. That house was about 10.00US per day. In the two story house you bet you better keep an eye on that kid, but all the houses there are very nice. It is out into the rice paddie and somewhat quiet but very near everything. :!:

Ilu

Jul 27, 2006
Norland Norway, Banjar Bali
Hi alain
I have rented houses in Bali from 1 month to 6 monts. I have payed from 750.000rp to 1,5 mill rp. and they have been furnished. not luxurious but with everything I need. I only have to bring my clothes.
I have been looking for houses to rent for a year. the rent has been around 4-7 mill rp, but they are not furnishes. this is in north bali.

alain

Sep 16, 2006
france
hi Ilu ,

Thanks for your tip . I have another question : in the price,is
electricity , water and maybe some taxes included ?

thanks / alain

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Alain, generally any short term house rental...short term being less than six months, is all inclusive and the rental will include the penbantu, (maid), and all utilities. Additionally, houses made available for short term rentals are normally always fully furnished and as Ilu points out, all you need to bring is your clothing (and towels too). However, always ask before signing the rental agreement.

Houses located in the middle of sawahs, (rice fields) have potential problems not regularly found in non sawah locations. One is rats. The other is security, especially if the home is remote. You will note that the Balinese themselves never live in a sawah, nor do they live along any of the river sides.

DCC

May 27, 2006
Br Abangan, Tegallelang
With respect to the sawas and rivers, why (other than rats) is that Roy?

And Ilu, 4-7 juta per year? Nice bungalows in the south start at around 3O per year and, My girlfriend rents a small local house for 12 per year wich require a serious search and it is rough - So, Alain & Mo, price is relative - location, etc. And I believe it has been said here before just about anything you need can be found, but you generally need to be here to find it.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
With respect to the sawas and rivers, why (other than rats) is that Roy?

If I read your question correctly, and I'm sorry if I didn’t, you are asking why the Balinese do not live in sawahs or along river banks.

For the Balinese, sawahs are sacred ground. They belong to the Goddess Dewi Sri, consort to Siva. Their role, the sawah, is entwined in Balinese culture in a manner which is not easy for westerners to understand. For the Balinese, the sawah is the ultimate gift of God, and rice is the basic foundation of all their offerings. No Balinese would ever, ever contemplate living in one.

As for river sides, this is the land of the Niskala...the unseen who are taken with as much seriousness by the Balinese as the Sekala...the seen. No Balinese will live there either. Their land certificate may say that they own it, but in fact, in the mind of the Balinese, that land belongs to someone else.

Since you’ve moved to Bali, you should take the time to read Fred Eiseman’s book, BALI, SEKALA & NISKALA. I would think that anyone living here would want to understand Balinese culture as much as possible.