Hi

Boleh

May 20, 2019
Ålesund
Just joined your forum and popped in here to say hello.

Been a while since I've been to Bali but enjoyed six very varied holidays on the island before and will almost certainly be visiting again in two months time, late July 2019 if you are reading this from the future. If you are reading this from the past I'm really happy that you cracked time travel.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Are you planning on being an expat or just staying a tourist? If the later, you're in the wrong place. The clue is in the name Bali EXPAT forum ;)

Not being nasty, thems just the facts here.

Boleh

May 20, 2019
Ålesund
I've been an ex pat 90% of my life. Do I intend to settle in Bali? It's a possibility but I don't intend to settle down anywhere for a while.
I can read by the way and usually find expat fora good places to pick up good intel on places.
Not being nasty but this forum is pretty dead and I imagine that the welcome you give out to new posters is part of the reason. Sorry but thems just the facts.

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Don’t worry about the old guard giving you a hard time Boleh , I copped it as well. Just stand up for yourself and don’t be bullied as some idiot tried with me. To be honest Markit is really a pussy cat and can be very funny if occasionally a little acerbic. Join in and stuff em. Welcome.

Reactions: Markit and Boleh

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I am part of the "old guard" and don't see any reason why tourists can't get something from or give something to this forum After all, there is a "Travel" forum as well as a "Nothing to do with Bali" forum. Not sure what Markit is getting at.
I have been contributing to this forum for 13 years and am not an expat. I hate the term. For me it conjours up images of pith-helmeted ponces with skinny white legs encased in khaki flocking together to moan about how hard it is to find good servants these days, and complain about the natives while secretly lusting after them. To be fair, Markit doesn't secretly lust, he does it quite openly.
Anyway, welcome

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Apologies as my post came out somewhat more blunt than was intended. I was also a tourist before moving here and really meant no offense. .... this time :)

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Good on you Markit, I knew you were a kind cuddly sort of bloke!. I’m still laughing about showing your “mangina” when on your new bike. Very clever.
Could we have an update on the bread making machine. It seems an unusually difficult project for such a mundane food item. Me, I just buy the stuff but each to their own.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Good on you Markit, I knew you were a kind cuddly sort of bloke!. I’m still laughing about showing your “mangina” when on your new bike. Very clever.
Could we have an update on the bread making machine. It seems an unusually difficult project for such a mundane food item. Me, I just buy the stuff but each to their own.
Sorry to OP in advance: Mangina still flapping gayely (sp?) in the wind on my scooter but with breadmachine you'll have to refresh my memory perhaps in the original thread?

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
March 14 you started looking for a bread making machine followed by umpteen replies and suggestions. Its easy to look up, Ijust did.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Oh, greetings from the Alzheimer's ward of Karangasem. Well I got a great one from Tokopedia (IDR1.5 milli) - the littlest Philips. Makes a good 1kg crusty loaf and great pizza dough.