Hello Everyone!

Vaiku2016

Aug 25, 2017
Just a quick intro post to introduce myself. I am coming to Bali from the US - no it isn't because I am trying to escape our current President (although that might not be a bad idea!)

I have been to Bali a few times before and I have settled in the Northern area, near Tejakula. While I love all the activities and availability of things in the South, I need a slower pace for most of the time.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!

Reactions: jiker69

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Good morning Vaiku. Your present situation leaves me curious. If you are here to settle how do you manage your visa and residential processing from up there? And what is the area like for possible house rentals?

Vaiku2016

Aug 25, 2017
Good morning Vaiku. Your present situation leaves me curious. If you are here to settle how do you manage your visa and residential processing from up there? And what is the area like for possible house rentals?

Hello Harryopal. My apologies for taking so long to respond. I am currently in the US and finishing up some business here. We use a social visa and stay 6 months at a time. We are able to get our renewals done in Singaraja. We are able to find housing no problem in the North thanks to some friends and their villa.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Vaiku...I hope you are keeping in the news re: Mount Agung's imminent eruption and plan your visit accordingly.

Even if she doesn't erupt cataclysmically the ash that will probably spew out for a while (like Mt Rinjani did) will travel towards the North as Bali's prevailing winds, for the next couple of months, are from the E.S.E around to S.

Last edited:

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Hah, exactly... I was just wondering if you might have a good location to watch the volcano. Certainly there is no problem with housing at Singaraja, Lovina but not sure how much there is available at Tejakula or do you just stay at your friend's villa?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hah, exactly... I was just wondering if you might have a good location to watch the volcano. Certainly there is no problem with housing at Singaraja, Lovina but not sure how much there is available at Tejakula or do you just stay at your friend's villa?

A good location would be on the beach at Tanjung Benoa or even some parts of Sanur. A friend, living in Sanur, says he can see it from his favorite beach-bar and he's been sitting there since Sunday slurping Bintang....I wonder if he can still see the mountain...:D

Reactions: Vaiku2016

Vaiku2016

Aug 25, 2017

We will be staying at The Mahalani in Bondalem, a villa on the beach, but they don't have a view of the volcano from their place.