Google Earth WOW!

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Want to see something really cool?

try Google Earth http://earth.google.com/

Flying over the world with Satellite pictures....

Even Singaraja has rough street details.....

Needed are a fast PC with a good graphic card ( My Pentium 3.6 ghz works well :) ) and preferably a broadband connection, but even with a modem you can have fun....

Its well worth the 10mb download....

Fun to travel with this program from Amsterdam to Singaraja, imagery is stunning.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
My friend Robert has been raving about this program for the past two weeks. On the weekend, he was very excited to tell me he could zoom in on my house! :shock:

Afraid my dialup is too slow and I don't have the patience to wait for it to load.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Amazing stuff. As they take more close-up photos, I guess it will only get better. Talk about Big Brother!! :shock:

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
WOW, that's it !!!

Have heard about google earth, but this is really beating everything I was ever expecting.

Was just on a virtual motorbike tour through the Alps, really incredible the details - I love it !

regards
Thorsten

swt

Oct 4, 2004
Southern Highlands NSW
Have had it for a while myself and love it except that it chews up the megabytes and we have limited mb per month. One has too wonder as satellites become more advanced will we soon be able to view people in their backyards etc and on the street? It really is fascinating and my boys love it.

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Ya, I don't really know if I like people stalking me though... lol

Actually there is a privacy issue here... more and more it seems we don't have any... at least in the western world we don't, EVERYTHING is on file and now satalite?!?! No thanks, very cool technology yes but no thanks.

I have a hard enough time making excuses to the wife as to where I have been... lol

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Just think about it Sergio. Eventually - if governments had their way - we would all be required to carry "International Personal Identity Cards". In order to locate anyone on the planet, it would simply be a matter of keying in the ID number and then zooming in on the individual's whereabouts.

Truly frightening stuff!! :shock: :evil:

jill

Jul 30, 2005
Alexandra new zealand
hi charlie
yep not every where will be in great detail . the one's with name's seem to be best .

if you zoom in then wait for a couple of min the scroll back a little it is better

cool though ha

my house on there ,so my mum , then i even checked out my cussy's in uk :lol: :lol:

roadrunna

Apr 6, 2005
Germany
Hi Sergio, I think there already are methods an solutions to focus single persons by high resolution cameras from several satelites. With earth.google it might be just a way to impress us ordinary regular people.
There already is so much supervising over all of us, think about cell phone technology, that it doesn't bothering me anymore.

By the way earth.google doesn't work for me as a Mac user :eek:(