Good Morning... Annie here gold coast..

annieangel

so glad i found this site and thanks for welcoming me.. hitting the big 60 next year and needing desperately a life change, after caring for many people over he years and just loosing my ex-husband i cared for with prostrate cancer at the young age of 62 , I'm figuring life too short to procrastinate any more, so hopefully I can come over to the magical Bali and fulfill my lifetime dream of living there , very soon.. I don't need much in life at all, a roof over my head , a little air con, ha and a small amount of food in my belly.... Im wanting to help in the schools, the orphanage , learn the language, learn some art and generally be content in my world...

It sounds very nice my dear. But how do you think you will live here? Stay Permit? Be very careful with people who offer you "help"!

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry for your loss. Please be careful who you trust when you first move to Bali. It will seem like everyone wants to be your best friend. Unfortunately, there are some locals and expats who will try to take advantage of people who are new to Bali and experiencing a loss.

Hey Annie, your intentions are good ,however unlike back in our own countries where volunteering is considered a good thing,here its looked upon as keeping an Indonesian out of a job,and that means that your can find yourself in big trouble,,learning the language is one thing,but i would love to learn how the Indonesian mind works,like how the people in authority come to the decisions they make and then make them law,,,tread carefully cause all is not what it seems here,

wow thanks, a bit of an eye opener .... thanks for your help everyone, I will definitely be careful and consider all options, and I didn't realize that volunteering was considered taking a locals job. thanks again

I would consider joining or at least checking out some of the established organizations like Rotary. They carry out various projects and there are groups all over the island. As far as I know, no one has ever been deported from doing volunteer projects for Rotary. Also, you may find that some of the orphanages here are run as a kind of business. @Markit posted a good article about orphanages in developing on Facebook the other day, maybe he can post it here also.

I would consider joining or at least checking out some of the established organizations like Rotary. They carry out various projects and there are groups all over the island. As far as I know, no one has ever been deported from doing volunteer projects for Rotary. Also, you may find that some of the orphanages here are run as a kind of business. @Markit posted a good article about orphanages in developing on Facebook the other day, maybe he can post it here also.
thankyou

wow thanks, a bit of an eye opener .... thanks for your help everyone, I will definitely be careful and consider all options, and I didn't realize that volunteering was considered taking a locals job. thanks again
Hi Annie,,
I am in a similar position to you ,love Bali ,,visited now 13 times a month plus at a time,,it definitely does have plenty of traps ,but if you do your research ,,there are a few wise people on this forum,,,have a look in the visa section ,there are many posts and breads that will help you out ,,but also many very Negative types ,,who are just wasting cyberspace with their negativity,,
When I first came across this forum I posted my question similar to yours,,the Response from.om one long time member ,,was disgusting ,,insult after insult,,so did not go on it again for six months or then I noticed he makes a hobby of insulting people ,,So I blocked him and a few others ,,
Gets me why they live there if everything is so terrible,,
You have a great dream ,follow it ,,fist of all get your Oz pension,,or just buy 60 day visa upfront ,and spend some time there ,,,Sanur is great,,and a bit quieter ,,
Good luck,,you can do heaps of research on you tube etc ,trip advisor,,
Dave

Hi Annie,,
...When I first came across this forum I posted my question similar to yours,,the Response from.om one long time member ,,was disgusting ,,insult after insult,,so did not go on it again for six months or then I noticed he makes a hobby of insulting people ,,So I blocked him and a few others ,...
Dave

I wonder who would that person possibly be!?:mad::mad::mad:

Back