Good bars in Sanur

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Dasha,

That's precisely because I know some right local people that after partying late into the night, with many "beverages" consumed, I am usually "under the weather, " i.e., I am not in any shape for more "beverages" at 9:00 a.m. :cry:

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Desertrat,

I also love Padang food. Unfortunately, in Bali, this type of food is practically only available in restaurants owned by Madurese, and therefore pales in comparison with the real (spicy) thing from Western Sumatra. :cry:

Desertrat

May 3, 2007
Abu Dhabi
Hadn't realized the Madurese were cooking the Padang. I remember the rendang as being fairly spicy, though my taste buds have gotten so enured to chilli heat over the years that, unless my nose starts running, I can't tell if the food is hot or not. Have served Rendang to friends in the U.S. saying that it wasn't hot in the least and have had some of them gasp and start chugging beers. However, I agree that the food isn't as good as what you might get in Jakarta.

Does anyone know where we can get good "bumbu bali". It's the cooked (very important) sambal that's outrageously hot and sweet/salty. I couldn't find any restaurants serving the real thing last time in Sanur. Also, nobody serves the kopi bali with sweetened, cooked milk anymore. What's up with that?