Garuda excess luggage

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Hi Sander

I can't imagine that from Amsterdam you had a higher baggage allowance than from UK. I can tell you as an absolute fact that for each time I flew, the baggage allowance on my ticket was 20kg. However as I said before they usually let you off a few kg extra. Maybe the limit to let off was 5kg??

Gemma

Hot Opal

May 14, 2005
Lake Macquarie, Australia
G/Day Lombok Pommie,
It looks like "sander the Dutchman" is out of step with me and all the other Aussies I stood with, to pay for my excess luggage.
In fact it looks like you are the only one instep!!!!!
Is there a message in that!!!!

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Pommie? what does Pommie mean?

YOUR FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE.....
Checked Baggage: Checked Baggage or registered luggage means the articles which are delivered to the carrier to be weighed and carried in the baggage/cargo compartment. Baggage which is not presented at the same time of check-in shall be refused. For Your Conveniences in making Your Flight Journey, Garuda Indonesia offers you Free Baggage Allowance which will be applied by the class of travel and flight sectors.
For Domestic (Indonesia) Flight Sectors;
Economy Class : Maximum 30 Kg (66 Lbs)
Business Class : Maximum 40 Kg (88 Lbs).
For International / Regional Flight Sectors;
Economy Class : Maximum 20 Kg (44 Lbs);
Business Class : Maximum 30 Kg (66 Lbs).

Please be well informed that Baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance should be applied excess baggage weight charge with Rate per Kilos :
1,5% of Normal, One way , Adult, Economy Class FARE of the flight sector.

http://www.garuda-indonesia.com/product ... /index.php

And anyone who get caught on the airport, if its 4.1 kilos or 17 kilos or 12 kilos more then usual, will pay the price.

If you are let off, you are lucky, if not, don't blame others.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Origins: "Pommy" (or "pom" or "pommie") is a primarily Australian (and largely derisive) slang term used to indicate a recent immigrant from Great Britain, or a Brit in general. The origins of "pommy" having been lost in the mists of time, someone needed to cook up an etymology for it, preferably one equal to the pejorative sense of the word. Accordingly, we now have the story that criminals transported to Australia were designated "Prisoners of His Majesty" or "Prisoners of Mother England" (some versions claim the convicts bore one of these legends printed on the backs of their shirts), and thus the acronym "POHM" or "POME" eventually evolved into the slang term "pom" or "pommy."

This amusing anecdote is doubtful as anything more than a fanciful invention, as acronymic origins antedating the mid-twentieth century are automatically suspect, and the use of "pommy" has been recorded at least as far back as 1915. Moreover, nobody has yet turned up corroborating evidence that "Prisoner of His Majesty" or "Prisoners of Mother England" were actually common designations for criminals transported to Australia. The best guess at this time is that "pommy" was based on the word "pomegranate" -- either because the redness of the fruit supposedly matched the typically florid British complexion, or because (like "Johnny Grant") it was used as rhyming slang for "immigrant."

Thanks Bert seems like you too are in step with me!

adnil

May 7, 2005
Australia
Re: RE: Garuda Ripoff

Hot Opal said:
Some may think it is a winge.
Yep, sure do. :roll:

Whenever travelling overseas you always need to be mindful of the weight restrictions when shopping. People are now complaining about Air Paradise weighing hand luggage, I think it's about time!!! :D I have seen people taking on statues or similar so heavy that they can hardly carry it.

If people want to do serious shopping/importing then they need to hire a container and go through the proper channels :evil:

jill

Jul 30, 2005
Alexandra new zealand
Hi to all I travel alot with my job & always get away with an extra 5 kg some times more depending on how EARLY i check in also you can get up to 20 kg in your hand luggage but it has to look light always smile always be early & if your a girl yep you get away with far more BUT if you no you are over waight by alot you can pree call the airport talk to the airline in qieston & they can pree arange exess quite often free it all goes on your atatuide the other thing in bali is do the bali way barter never pay full price tell a we lie but dont get upset after all its you shopping

Mo

Jul 18, 2005
New Zealand
Well Bert, if you didn't know what 'pommie' meant, then you are probably still blissfully unaware that your unusually pleasant and until-now civil forum has just been irrevocably baptized by the scouts of a possibly massive rear guard unit who could at any time descend en masse upon this humble gentle place and forever dominate it, as they've been dominating most every other British/Australian travel and ex-pat forum since the very dawn of the internet age.

Some other useful definitions:

'Bali travel forum' = an assembly for discussing questions of public interest in the area of travel in Bali such as, for instance, unexpected excess baggage charges at Denpasar airport

'whinge' = of British origin meaning literally 'to whine' as in 'like a baby'

'pejorative': the use of which, as in the word "whinging", = inappropriate and unnecessary = the antithesis of civility = the swift and calculated death of mature discussion

Hot Opal, there are many parts to this excess baggage charges and baggage weight limits discussion that really need to be delved into in greater detail, it's a subject of great interest to many travelers to Bali, myself included. Additionally several statements made by contributors to this thread need to be seriously challenged. But if one risks having to dodge bullets after putting forth a reasonable observation or opinion here, am unwilling to participate.

Et domini patri et filii et spiritu sanctu, amen

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Et domini patri et filii et spiritu sanctu, amen

Dear Mo,

I also love the internet and google is a great tool, I also love Mario Puzo and Francis Ford Coppola, “The Godfather” was indeed a great movie, but I guess both of them and probably you and me as well haven’t spend so much time in Catholic churches, or ? :wink:

I really don’t wanne be a nerd, but since the Pope is German I feel committed for a little correction in this case. 8)

Errarum humanum est – we all know this, from my experience – never take the first you can get, you’ll always find a better alternative, this is valid for women, business partners, wine, “special offers” and especially for results of internet searching engines. :)

It must have been Coppola, who wrote this into the screenplay of the Godfather, every Italian would have known it better: http://rose0.knu.ac.kr/~z9403104/god.txt

Dear Mo, I hope you’ll forgive me my little sin here, I know as a Catholic I should go to confess, but since Joseph Ratzinger is so busy now and it’s so hard to get an appointment, I beg for your absolution and your amen

Et nomini patri et filii et spiritus sancti

Thorsten

Mo

Jul 18, 2005
New Zealand
Thorsten,

I haven't stopped laughing since I read your message, I'm laughing now, and every time I need a good laugh I will read it again! I bow to you oh master! Mea culpa!

'Errarum humanum est' (I trust you double checked this?) was to be the humble preface to my next (meaning this) message, which was to be followed by an apology, but you gazumped me on that (and yes I think I spelled it right, if you want to look it up! ).

I apologize Hot Opal if I've temporarily hijacked your thread away from its original intent and purpose - I just booked my own flights to Bali and was gobsmacked when I discovered what the maximim weight allowance is, I've never been on an international flight in my life with either a 1 bag OR a 20 kgs maximum allowance.

But now must off to confession: Forgive me father (and Thorsten) for I have sinned... and yes it's been, um, gee now, let me see, a few years I'd say.... OK OK, a few dozen years, since my last confession. And yes father, I KNEW it was nomini, I swear it, but the devil made me do it....

Amen (surely got that right!)