For All Americans Living in Bali

jvilichka

May 11, 2006
usa
Thank you everyone,
The rockets red glare, thank God its just from local fire works and nothing more. i know many of you thought I was still having my kaniption fit over here. but cooler heads have prevailed, and thanks to Jimbo and Roy,Linda, i've seen the light, thanks again you guys.
cherrs
jackie

jvilichka

May 11, 2006
usa
I know, I'm not in Bali yet, but my heart is. and the rest will be close to Bali soon, Sept 17 to be exact. the tickets are non refundable, and I can have fun at a funeral, so what the heck. i figure why not.

see you guys soon
j

DCC

May 27, 2006
Br Abangan, Tegallelang
Independence Day 1776 - What a trip! Those were some cool and ballsy cats in their day, true revolutionaries - get a clue GWB our defense is not to be used offensively.

FYI - I grew up in the DC area and fondly remember as a teenager going to the Mall on the 4th in 1976, getting out of the car with friends (bleary eyed) and hearing Johnny Cash belting out Ring of Fire – couldn’t get to the stage fast enough!!! 8)

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
My most memorable days celebrating July 4th come from Boston, thirty years ago, on the esplanade, listing to Arthur Fiedler’s Boston Pops sounding out the 1812 overture, while across the Charles River, a spotlight atop MIT moved in the sky following the maestro’s baton. We all “ooh and awed” as it was like God himself was conducting.

On the Charles itself there were three barges, loaded with fireworks and spectacular aerial bombs, and the shores were lined with Army howitzer 105 cannons firing in perfect time when called upon.

drbruce

Feb 12, 2004
singaraja, bali
cyberbali.com
Happy Fourth as well. I'm back in Bali once again for visits with the family and buying all that stuff that we don't have in Sumbawa. Had an enjoyable visit with an American friend who owns a hotel up here in Lovina. It was a good way to spend the Fourth.

UluwatuWaves

Jun 30, 2006
Norfolk, VA at the moment
It's been real rainy here in Washington, DC and the National fireworks on the mall may be rescheduled till tommorow night because of the weather. There are usually a million people down on the National Mall this time of day.. The national park police actually evacuated the whole are because of the thunder and lightning. For some reason i dont think many people are down there because of the thuderstorms and rain and the earlier evacuation. If you have ever seen the 4th of July fireworks in washington or New York it is a sight not to be missed. Simply put they are the biggest and best fireworks displays in the world. Just amazing!! Looking forward to seeing some of you folks in Bali soon. Do they have a fireworks display on bali on August 17th? :p

UluwatuWaves

Jun 30, 2006
Norfolk, VA at the moment
Oh Roy, i may be getting a job on Bali as an ESL teacher in the Ubud area. We should get together and meet when i am there so i can get a good introduction to the local area. I hear Ubud and the surrounding area is fascinating. last time I was in Bali last august I only drove through the Ubud area after we visited the touristy monkey village. Those monkeys are awfully picky when it comes to finding the ripe bannanas.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Waves, that sounds great! I sent you a PM with our contact details.

Regarding the monkeys on Bali, which are very nasty macaques, I would be very cautious about having anything to do with them. Just do a search here on this forum, macaque monkey and you can read a lot more.

You can also do a search on the Bali Travel Forum under the same topic and read some articles my late “brother” Matt, (posting there as White Devil) wrote after some in depth research into the cornucopia of diseases one can contract from one of their bites.