Fiskal

G

Ok thanks bukit. There's seems to be some confusion about whether the "lapor diri" stamp is enough to get the fiskal exemption or whether the passport address has to be changed as well. Also it's not clear what type of visa is required before the Indonesian Consulate will allow an address change.

We will go to the consulate in Melbourne to get more info and hopefully get the address changed.

Irislahay

Apr 10, 2004
France, Bali now
Hi All,

I have some friends work in the immigration of Kuta (Ngurah Rai). They told me that Social Budaya visa holder have to pay fiskal too, if they passed 183 days of stay. Children (Indonesian), have to pay fiskal in age +12.

In France, I went to "la mairie" (civil office) first, to get a letter of domicile. Then I just bring this to the embassy of Indonesia in Paris.

G

Thanks Iris. Ina and I are still confused about our situation. AFAIK there is no equivalent of a "letter of domicile" in Australia. There is only the "provisional residency" sticker in Ina's passport. Not to worry we will attempt to get the information "from the horse's mouth" next week.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Allan

There is no letter either in the UK, only a stamp in the passport. A page at the back of the passport for place of residence seemed to do the trick. We actually got a refund after paying fiskal in error (50% was paid a a fee for administration)

froggy

Sep 22, 2006
Houston, Texas
Ok, it has come to my attention regarding Jimbo's expenses,, What in the $*^@ are you planning on spending 20-25k on for entertainment??? The house yes, airfare etc8k yes, but that much on entertainment,, hey everybody drinks&food are on Jimbo everyday! :lol: When you let loose you really let it loose!! Oh, Allen you really fit the part of a moderator now, much tougher look....Bravo.... Frog

G

I think you read that wrong. It's $20-25K for the trip and $135K including a house.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
Air tickets 12K ,Hotel for 6 people, food for 6 people, travel within Indonesia and Bali for 6 people is the other 14k not just on food and drink.

Father in laws funeral (Look up Toraja Funerals on Google) Refurbishment of the family house and buy a new one make up the rest.

It all adds up.