Explosions in Kuta / Jimbaran

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Just reported: Three explosions in Jimbaran Bay and one in Kuta square. 2 people killed and dozens injured.

You guys hearing anything there. I'm worried, I still have friends staying in Kuta and can't get through via sms or by phone.

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Three bombs in Jimbaran and one bomb in Kuta are confirmed.
It was reported, that the bomb in Kuta was inside Matahari !

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
AFP just reported at least 8 people killed in Bali blasts, the first bomb went off in the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, eye witness said he saw 8 dead persons, 4 have been Western tourists.

Lou

Nov 12, 2004
Ubud
Bert, Undersand the need to be cryptic but could you please explain - do you mean 9 explosions in Jimbaran or 9 people killed there.

Tommy

May 11, 2005
We probably won't know for sure until tomorrow what exactly went went down. All i can say right now is %&#¤&%&¤#%¤# %#%¤ %¤#/%&#¤ terrorists. I'm certain the perpetrators will be caught through a national manhunt and punished (again).

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
On Jimbaran beach two Cafes have been targeted with some bombs burried in the sand, 9 deaths are confirmed there, but there is a chaos now and the situation is not under controll, 10 ambulances are on stand by and they are searching for further victims.

On Kuta square the Raja cafe was targeted by one or maybe two bombs, have just seen the first picutes on TV.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
bomb2.jpg

bomb1.jpg

Lou

Nov 12, 2004
Ubud
Tommy - could you give us a respite from your cynicism just till we get through the immediate situation. Some of us are critically concerned about this.

Lou

Nov 12, 2004
Ubud
Hi Matsaleh and yes. I have a teenager who was told never to go near that area but she's not home yet and as usual the cell phone is not answering.

harimau

Aug 31, 2004
Can someone confirm that bomb was not inside Matahari as we have a relative working on ground floor. Thanks

maheeshak

Oct 1, 2005
london
Hi I have just joined the forum and I have been horrified by the pictures unfolding of the bombings. I hope all your friends/relatives are safe.
I am a journalist and desperately need to contact people in the affected regions especially eyewitnesses.
Can anyone help me or put me in touch? My email is [email protected] my mobile phone number is 07930 593325
I would appreciate it if you could contact me as soon as you can.
Thanks
Maheesha Kottegoda