Exploring Alternative Housing Options in Bali: Shipping Container Homes

johndeacon

Hi everyone,

I’ve been exploring the idea of owning property in Bali, and one option that keeps catching my attention is the concept of shipping container homes. With the unique challenges and opportunities that come with owning property on the island, I’m curious if anyone here has looked into or even built a shipping container home in Bali.

Why Shipping Container Homes?There are a few reasons why this option appeals to me. First, shipping containers offer a sustainable and eco-friendly way to build, which aligns with Bali’s growing emphasis on green living. They are also relatively quick to set up and can be adapted to various terrains—perfect for some of the more challenging or remote plots of land around the island.

Affordability and Flexibility:From what I’ve researched, container homes can also be more affordable than traditional construction methods, especially with the rising cost of building materials. Plus, they offer flexibility in design; you can start small and expand as needed, which seems ideal for someone just starting out with property ownership in Bali.

Has Anyone Tried This?I’d love to hear from anyone who has experience with shipping container homes in Bali. Are there specific regulations or challenges to be aware of? How does the climate affect the durability and comfort of these homes? And most importantly, how do they compare to more traditional Balinese structures in terms of cost and lifestyle?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences. It’s such an exciting time to be considering property in Bali, and I’m eager to learn from this knowledgeable community.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I’ve been exploring the idea of owning property in Bali, and one option that keeps catching my attention is the concept of shipping container homes. With the unique challenges and opportunities that come with owning property on the island, I’m curious if anyone here has looked into or even built a shipping container home in Bali.

Why Shipping Container Homes?There are a few reasons why this option appeals to me. First, shipping containers offer a sustainable and eco-friendly way to build, which aligns with Bali’s growing emphasis on green living. They are also relatively quick to set up and can be adapted to various terrains—perfect for some of the more challenging or remote plots of land around the island.

Affordability and Flexibility:From what I’ve researched, container homes can also be more affordable than traditional construction methods, especially with the rising cost of building materials. Plus, they offer flexibility in design; you can start small and expand as needed, which seems ideal for someone just starting out with property ownership in Bali.

Has Anyone Tried This?I’d love to hear from anyone who has experience with shipping container homes in Bali. Are there specific regulations or challenges to be aware of? How does the climate affect the durability and comfort of these homes? And most importantly, how do they compare to more traditional Balinese structures in terms of cost and lifestyle?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences. It’s such an exciting time to be considering property in Bali, and I’m eager to learn from this knowledgeable community.

Thanks!
I've done it a few years back. PM me

I've done it a few years back. PM me
Seriously?
You built container homes in Bali?

Would LOVE to know how that worked out for you profit wise.

No it is not sarcasm ( surprising from me I know).
Just genuinely interested.

Cheers
Ken

Linda you never cease to amaze me! There I was almost worked up into a frothing one-man shitstorm and you come along with your "you work for this company" and immediately take all the air out of my blister.
Just for the record I hate the living feck out of these things: they're butt ugly, not sustainable and simply a way to recycle someone else's trash, namely used up containers.

Back