Corruption?

Cassienne

Aug 28, 2004
New Zealand - Bali soon!
Yeah, it rocks meeting people in person :) They're never what you expect! Any other people on this forum want to meet up? I'm always keen. Although I don't know where people are living, but I do travel around a lot.
Cass

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Yeah Cass, that’s exactly the truth. Folks are never what you seem they are. But, that’s not always a “Martha Stewart” bad thing.

Oddities among the odd in Bali, we just got hit with a dusey, meaning, a really big one. That “big one” was a recent, and out of the blue offering for our gallery, as is, before being opened, and as you saw it a few weeks ago, as it was just being finished.

It’s a huge amount, the offer, and it would really set my extended family up, depending on how they invest, for a long, long time.

This, has really put me to the “test” with my Balinese family. “No way” was my gut reaction, but over some days of serious consideration, consultation with my Guru, in the end, and as outrageous as it may seem, I agreed.

A very tough decision for me, and it required a balancing act between my own cultural values, and those of my Balinese family. I was raised to believe in long term objectives, typical of Westerners. In the West, one first dreams, then plans, and only then initiates their dreams. In Bali, dreams come true from the Gods, seemingly, as I have seen, “out of the blue.”

In truth, I should have seen this coming. Surprised, I am not.

Yielding to my family, in what I still regard as a bad business decision, has only earned me a modicum of more family trust…that in truth, will be forgotten within a few months.

So, Cass, all that you saw is being bought by “Mr. Big Bucks” from Java. From there, we will all move on.

made marko

Jun 12, 2004
Niskala, Berkala
Things of beauty made by man, as we all know... are fleeting.
Our families, our ancestors and successors have been; and will remain constant.
Congratulations my friend, on what surely must be a windfall!
~berkat~