convert to muslim in bali

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
The same way as in any other country on earth. Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process. All that is required for a person to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada),

"لا إله إلا الله ، محمد رسول الله". (La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasool Allah).

Since God knows all things, so a Shahada said alone, with conviction, will make you a Muslim in God's eyes. However, you MUST also become acknowledged by the Muslim community, so you should make your Shahada in front of some witnesses, such as two Muslims or an Imam.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayangku

May 22, 2018
I converted in Java, I said the shahada in front of witnesses. From then on I put muslim when asked to on forms. Simple

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
I guess that a "moderator" did not like my comment about religion being man-made, and edited out my philosophical remark, thus unwittingly confirming what I was saying. ;0))

So, Mister "moderator", let me rephrase my remark in the following way: God knows the heart of all human being and when one says the shahada he also knows one's sincerity, there is no need for human witnesses to corroborate the truthfulness of that action. One can fool other men, but one cannot fool God. Now, how is that for a deeply religious thought, Mister "moderator"?

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
It is not whether I liked your remark or not people are going to jail here for making these comments. If you lived in Indonesia I wonder if you would be prepared to say the same thing?

sayangku

May 22, 2018
Just to say that in all the years it has never been an issue (being a muslim convert) If questioned I just smile and say I am muslim KTP (muslim on my ID card)

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
It is not whether I liked your remark or not people are going to jail here for making these comments. If you lived in Indonesia I wonder if you would be prepared to say the same thing?
I lived in Bali, on/off continuously for almost 20 years, so I am not naive about this "problem." In my removed remark, I was not insulting Islam, nor any other religion, just pointing out the discrepancy between men and his institutions and God. However, I am sure that some people in Indonesia could have taken my comment as blasphemy, jadi, terima kasih banyak karena mungkin menyelamatkan hidupku, jika saya pernah kembali. ;o))

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Funny how the moderater finds issue with Tintin' comments on this issue,and didnt have a problem with the Ahole from another post whose suggestion for solving staffing problems amongst different religions was to suggest not hiring Muslims at all,then later went on to state how Muslims were the cause of basically all the probems in the world including here in Indonesia,the highest populated Muslim country in the world,,,why not find issues with that,Also seems its only the moderator who has issues with Tintin's comments,i dont see any other member commenting,

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Also seems its only the moderator who has issues with Tintin's comments,i dont see any other member commenting,

They can't comment if they didn't see what he wrote. If you have a problem with a post, please use the report feature.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Funny how the moderater finds issue with Tintin' comments on this issue,and didnt have a problem with the Ahole from another post whose suggestion for solving staffing problems amongst different religions was to suggest not hiring Muslims at all,then later went on to state how Muslims were the cause of basically all the probems in the world including here in Indonesia,the highest populated Muslim country in the world,,,why not find issues with that,Also seems its only the moderator who has issues with Tintin's comments,i dont see any other member commenting,

Not so funny really. I figure the moderator was thinking of the anti-blasphemy advocates.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Ok i understand,i was commenting on the post that appeared here on the forum,that was written by Tintin,i guess what i was reading was already modified by the moderator in order to post it and i didnt find any of it offensive,however we dont know what the original content was,

But on the other hand the A hole i referred to and his post about Muslims,was extremely offensive,and in my opinion should have been modified,if accusing Muslims of being the cause of almost every problem in the world is not verging on blasphemy then what is,