Compact Flash to CD and 110-220 power converter in Ubud?

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Dear expats,

I was hoping one of you might know of a place in Ubud that can burn images from a Compact Flash card to a CD.

Also, is there a place in Ubud to buy a 110-220 power converter?

Thanks in advance.

G

Just about every photo/film processing shop (Agfa?) offers that service.

As for 220-110 volt converters if you are travelling to Bali it's probably just as easy to bring one with you. You can get a low power one on ebay for about $4.

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Allan, I take it then that there are several in Ubud that offer this service and will just tell my wife to ask around. As for the power converter, is there a place in Ubud you know of that sells them? My wife's already in Bali and I told her she could just pick one up there thinking it might be cheaper.

G

As for the power converter, is there a place in Ubud you know of that sells them? My wife's already in Bali and I told her she could just pick one up there thinking it might be cheaper.

No I don't know about Ubud but I would try any computer or hardware shop. I would say that Ace Hardware in Kuta would definitely have them.

grover

Nov 6, 2002
san diego, ca
Sergio,

If you follow the road in front of the Post Office south to where it turns west, there is an electrical supply place on the corner that should have them. Also if it is for a charger for a digital camera or camcorder or the like most are dual 110 and 220 and will just internally switch as needed. All that is required is a plug converter.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Re: RE: Compact Flash to CD and 110-220 power converter in U

ChadM said:
If it turns out all she needs is a plug adapter, they can be found very cheap at the Bintang Supermarket near Campuhan.
I bought one of those adapters at Bintang previously, but it was useless. The connection was not snug enough, so the Australian plug kept falling out of the adapter while trying to blow-dry my hair - very frustrating!

I've since purchased a couple of adapters at Sydney airport and they're far more sturdy. They're about double the price as the local ones, but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".