Nagy

May 6, 2009
Hi

We are an English family who arrived in Seminyak 4 weeks ago from Australia and are intending to be here for the next 6 or so months. “We” is my wife, Tanya, our daughter Lily (4) son Jesse (2) and myself.

As we are not staying in bali for long weve decided not to put the kids in to school, but they are both missing their friends and are fast getting bored with us.

If there are any families out there in a similar situation and with kids around the same age that fancy meeting up so that the children can have a play (and so that we can meet new people) we'd love to hear from you.

Cheers

Andynice

Nov 4, 2008
Kerobokan and Nice , France
Hi Nagy !
I'm Swedish My Wife Is Indonesian And We Have Two Daughters , Laita 4 And A Half Years Old And Nyomi 19 Months Old.
We Will Be In Bali From The Beginning Of November 2009 , If You Are Still Around Would Be Very Nice To Meet Up And Also Great For The Kids To Meet New Friends.
Regards Andy

Nagy

May 6, 2009
Hi Andy

We should still be in Bali in November, maybe drop us a line closer to your arrival date.

Cheers

welove2bike

Apr 25, 2009
Hi Guys,
My name is Michelle, we are moving to Bali at the end of July. My husband will be teaching at Green School near Ubud. We have a daughter (Kaila) who turned 5 April 21st. She loves to have friends to play with, so lets get together and play when we get there. Our e-mail address is slavinfrasher@yahoo.com.
Are you guys enjoying Bali so far? I have never been, so I am excited to see what it is all about. Looking forward to meeting you guys!
Michelle

Anna Ariab

Apr 6, 2009
hello Nagi,

we are moving to Bali July, 21-God, it is pretty soon;) Our daughter Polina is 4 and our son Nikita is almost 2. we've rented a villa in Jimbaran. We are from Ukraine , so the kids do not speak English, though Polina knows some words. But actually I think that for kids it will be even more exciting and interesting to communicate. so probably we can meet on a weekend? :) :D
And your wife's name sounds like russian! where is she from?

have a great day!

Anna

hannahshepherd

Aug 19, 2009
hi
I arrive in Seminyak next week for a couple of months with my two year old girl who would love some play mates. I'd also like to get her into some playgroups/dancing/music groups if you know any?
Hannah

kel

May 7, 2010
Canggu, Bali
We are a New Zealand couple with two girls Nikita (3 1/2 yrs) and Nisha (3mths) we live in Canggu and wold love to meet other parents with Kids around the same age.

mark bali

Aug 9, 2010
We are a New Zealand couple with two girls Nikita (3 1/2 yrs) and Nisha (3mths) we live in Canggu and wold love to meet other parents with Kids around the same age.

Hi,
We have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old.

How are you finding living in Canguu?
Have you been there long?

We will be there in Sept.

kel

May 7, 2010
Canggu, Bali
Hi, Canggu is a nice place to live very quite and the air is clean. I sometimes find that it can be a bit far out and wish they had a big supermarket and more restaurants but I'm sure that will come with time.
As far as thing for the kids go I have found the Canggu club have ballet and now gymnastics and I've heard that the Canggu Community School is very good so think we will send our girls there. We have been in Canggu off and on for the past 5 yrs now.
I was wanting to start up a coffee group for mum's in the area were we can all meet up once a week,
I think it would be really nice to have a good network of mum's and for the kids to make friends, It is always nice to know other mum's with little ones around the same age and chat about things with us all being away from our friends and family back home it is nice to has some support over here. I'm in New Zealand at the moment but back in September.

mark bali

Aug 9, 2010
Hi, Canggu is a nice place to live very quite and the air is clean. I sometimes find that it can be a bit far out and wish they had a big supermarket and more restaurants but I'm sure that will come with time.
As far as thing for the kids go I have found the Canggu club have ballet and now gymnastics and I've heard that the Canggu Community School is very good so think we will send our girls there. We have been in Canggu off and on for the past 5 yrs now.
I was wanting to start up a coffee group for mum's in the area were we can all meet up once a week,
I think it would be really nice to have a good network of mum's and for the kids to make friends, It is always nice to know other mum's with little ones around the same age and chat about things with us all being away from our friends and family back home it is nice to has some support over here. I'm in New Zealand at the moment but back in September.

Hi Kel,

thanks for that info.
I first was in bali in 1999.

We are looking to buy some land in the area.
Like the area and hope to be within sight of the ocean.

I guess being away from it all has it's advantages, peace and quiet. But yes, need some supermarkets etc nearby.

How do you find the roads and travel in and around Canguu?

kel

May 7, 2010
Canggu, Bali
The main road in Canggu is fine but we don't go on the road's between the hrs of 4 - 6pm if we can help it. The roads are way to busy and it's hard enough keeping kids entertained in the car without being stuck in a traffic jam for hrs and having them in the back seat screaming.

Navinjh

Dec 18, 2010
Canggu for families with small children

Hello -

My wife and I currently live in China and are considering to move to Canggu in early 2011. We have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. I was wondering if you could give me some insight on what it is like to live in Canggu and in Bali in general? I will be traveling throughout Asia during our stay with my wife home with the kids. Is Cenggu a good place for a family with small children?

Many thanks for any insight you could provide!

kel

May 7, 2010
Canggu, Bali
Hi,
We have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old.

How are you finding living in Canguu?
Have you been there long?

We will be there in Sept.

We love living in Canggu it is very quite yet not to far away from Seminyak. The beaches are not the best for the kids but we take them swimming on days when the swell is not too big. We have been living in Canggu for about 5 years now.