Centrelink money while living in Bali

rasi

As I have young children and don't work I am able to get a small amount of money from Centrelink. But they were telling me if I left the country for up to 3 years I would still be able to receive this money. I don't see why and it doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone else get the family tax benefits for kids while they are living in Bali? I have not heard of anyone doing it. They said as long as I have ties with Australia and come back...

Then again you can get 10 different answers for 1 question from Government places.

from the centrelink website

• Getting Family Tax Benefit overseas?
You can only continue to be paid Family Tax Benefit whilst you and/or your children are overseas if the absence is temporary. Your full rate of Family Tax Benefit A and B can be paid for the first 13 weeks overseas. After 13 weeks, only Family Tax Benefit A can be paid, at the “base rate”. The “base rate” can be paid for up to three years of a temporary absence overseas.

Ok so I guess it is true! Thanks so much

3 years is a long time to be temporarily absent.... :)

as far as I know and have experienced the answer is NO. you will not get family tax benefit a or b. they suspend it until you return and if you dont tell them and still get it they can request you pay it back. most people dont tell them if it is for a small holiday, but I would be careful about pushing your luck. on the back of your statement it covers going overseas as far as i remember.

Back