Cats in Bali

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
I have 5 cats & we have loads of birds visiting the garden. I love to sit in the morning with my ice coffee watching them in the flowers.

Our cats have caught rats nearly as big as themselves, they have the scars to show for the battles too.

There is a place for all the animals.

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Re: RE: Cats in Bali

Roy said:
I really don't think the addition of two more will make much difference.....

That's very likely exactly what the folks moving to Australia in the 19th century thought. "Oh well, what's two more cats?"

Very likely Roy, probably the people moving to Australia in the 18th century too (when Australia was first populated by Europeans)

Come to think of it, the Indonesian people probably brought one or two themselves even before that. They brought their dogs. The Australian dingo is basically a typical Indo/Malay hound.

Cats might have even been introduced to Australia in the 15th century by the Dutch who visited several times. Most sailing ships had cats to keep the rat population down.

And of course then there is the marsupial cat native to Australia, but that's extinct, hunted to death by humans. :(

But really, we are talking about two much loved pets here. I know you have to start somewhere, but maybe that should be with a sterilisation program and public education to reduce the cat population rather than our two Malaysian puddy-tats :?

summerl

Sep 27, 2004
KL
Hey Guys, I appreciate all of your views....good or bad - everyone is entitled to their opinions. :wink: I hope it is just my imagination, but please don't get uptight about this issue.

You guys are a fantastic bunch here. :oops:

Thanks for all of the support, especially mimpimanis, Freogirl, Roy and Bert, of course, and everyone else who care to peek into this post.

Hugs to all.

pinkbali

Nov 25, 2006
Earth
well that sux. i have 3 cats of my own and i LOVE bali. im a cat person myself & im not really into dogs at all. my kitties are spolied little princesses and are indoor cats only. and i would seriously dump my husband before i et go of any cat.

i was in the ubud market once and i was chasing around this sweet little kitten. she looked like a miniture egyptian mau. i so wanted to adopt her.

Balined

May 27, 2007
Ubud Bali
Hi Summerl,

We recently moved from Australia to Bali and brought our dog with us.

Absolutely no problems and only A$1000. I guess cats should be no different.

Our contact was Puti Ernawan, from Denpasar and came highly recommended. Please email me and I can give you his phone no and email.

Balined

A totally professional service that worked perfectly

G

That's great news. I also have two cats that would like to become expats.

chilli

Apr 24, 2008
Re: Cats in Bali_Balined

Hello I am new to this forum and am so thankful for all the info .
Am still fumbling my way about here but Thankyou all.
My husband and I are planning to move to Bali. In the process
of applying for the international school. (fingers crossed)!
May i please ask Balined for his email for the information regarding taking a dog
to Bali from Perth, Australia.

Balined wrote:
"Our contact was Puti Ernawan, from Denpasar and came highly recommended. Please email me and I can give you his phone no and email.

Balined

A totally professional service that worked perfectlyBalined
EF Member

Private message

Lou

Nov 12, 2004
Ubud
Lots of cats around our place and we didn't bring any of them. I have no idea where they came from as 10 years ago there were none here at all. Now we've got domesticated ones in many of the village houses and already see large numbers roaming around abandoned. Some recent indications of unwanted kittens being drowned as well.

On the positive side I haven't seen a mouse or rat in years. OTOH those pussies sure do some damage to the alang alang roofs. They've established their territory up there and even use it to keep the kittens safe from the dogs.

toucan

Feb 24, 2008
Chilli

I have the details re Puti, but they are in my office, I will find them and post for you tomorrow.

chilli

Apr 24, 2008
Thankyou Jimbo and Toucan,

p.s This web site is fantastic, am so happy i found it !!!
one question ! how do i enter my email adress here without giving it to the world.. ?

chilli

Apr 24, 2008
Disregard my email question, I have just realised there is an email icon on each post.
:lol:

toucan

Feb 24, 2008
Chilli,

Regarding moving your pet to Bali, here are the details of Putu Ernawan

Address: Jalan Tukad Balian 170 Denpasar Bali
Mobile Phone: 08123816335 (+628123816335 if calling from overseas).
Email Address: [email protected]

I have not used Putu's services myself, I just happened to copy them down for a friend. Email response was very prompt to her enquiries.