Cat & Electricity!

v_dors

Apr 23, 2005
Australia
Dear Users,
I am thinking of coming to live in Bali but would like to know the following :- I have read that it is not possible to bring my cat over to Bali from Australia, is this true? Also having perused the real estate sites am confused as to the different power supplies (watts) to properties, someone please explain.
Having checked out other forum sites on Bali am glad that I have come across this one as I can see that I am dealling with people who are living in Bali and in love with it as I am. :D.
So now having found out that it is possible to get a visa (PT.Bali.IDE) and that it is possible to rent a house cheaply, all that is left for me to do is await confirmation from Centre Link that I will still be able to receive my pension in Bali. Also of coarse the matter of being able to bring my cat with me, as don`t think I could leave him behind.
Your New Member,
Huib Van Dorssen.
Donnybrook.
West Australia. :twisted:

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
A standard Balinese house has 900 watts, sufficient for a fridge, a television set, some lights and maybe a computer.

Next will be 1300 watts, this surely keeps the fuses ok when using a computer.

At 2200 watts, you could have one AC, and do some ironing as well. If you have 2 ac's use them one by one.

In my current house I have 5500 watts, 4 ac's, a television and LCD projector, 2 computers... and its holding together...

You can always the PLN (power company) to upgrade your wattage, to get it to 5500 watts is about 1.7 million.

click here to read about Cats in Bali

v_dors

Apr 23, 2005
Australia
Thank you Bert,
Now another question about the electricity, is that correct that the more wattage that you are able to access the higher the cost? Also could you please advise on the typical monthly cost of say a 2200W supply.
Thanks for your assistance.
Huib.

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Yes, your "subscription" fee is higher if you have a higher wattage.

Typical somewhere around 30-50 USD a month, I think.

People with 7700 watt, pool pump etc pay around 100 USD.

Ginge

Jun 24, 2005
Australia
Hi All, Can anyone please also advise me on what the connection cost to the PLN supply is? I have had a few people advise me with various prices. By the way this is a great site with lots of useful information.

pooochie

Aug 8, 2005
UK
I am planning to take my cat with me from UK to Bali and have asked a friend (in Bali) of mine to get information.

The authority said it would cost some 10 million rupiah. 5 for paperwork and the rest for quarantine. I will have the information to hand (forms) by back end of this week. If you are interested I can post the form in this forum (is it okay Bert?) by say next week. I don’t know about cats from Australia. I hope it helps.

I am looking for a suitable pet exporter. Please advise if anyone knows any exporter that export pet to Bali.

Regards.

Ni Luh

pooochie

Aug 8, 2005
UK
Re. Cat: will do.

So if my maths serves me correctly 5500 watts will cost approx US$80. Is that inclusive of everything? Do you use stabiliser?

As you mentioned you have a projector; I am a big fan of projector. Is it easy to get the bulb in Bali, say for, Hitachi PJTX100, or do I have to stock up?

Kind regards.

Ni Luh

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
I have a Toshiba projector We should start a fanclub.

And I would not know where to get a lamp when it breaks, or how long it would take to order one :(

According to the people where I bought the projector, a lamp would be about 60-70% the price of a new projector...