Car insurance

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
My car insurance was due yesterday but no word from Binagraya with whom I have been insuring for some years. The Bali office is not answering the phone and neither is the Jakarta office. Can anyone recommend a company in Bali?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I had allianz for a few years and they were brill until my/their agent went bonkers and kept the payment until my bali mate threatened him with the cops. Told Allianz about it and they said they didn't work with him anymore - would a been nice they'd told me too...

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
I had allianz for a few years and they were brill until my/their agent went bonkers and kept the payment until my bali mate threatened him with the cops. Told Allianz about it and they said they didn't work with him anymore - would a been nice they'd told me too...
Now Markit, this is getting a bit strange. It was about 6 years ago when I first was looking for car insurance and you recommended an agent for Binagraya. And the next year or the year after that my/their agent went bonkers and kept the payment until I told Binagraya about it and they chased him and got the payment. Does that ring a bell? Anyway we will try Binagraya again tomorrow and if we can't raise them I might try Allianz.... is that who you are using these days and would you recommend them?

Reactions: Shadrach

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Now Markit, this is getting a bit strange. It was about 6 years ago when I first was looking for car insurance and you recommended an agent for Binagraya. And the next year or the year after that my/their agent went bonkers and kept the payment until I told Binagraya about it and they chased him and got the payment. Does that ring a bell? Anyway we will try Binagraya again tomorrow and if we can't raise them I might try Allianz.... is that who you are using these days and would you recommend them?
I used Allianz for several years for car, house and health ,foolishly thought they would behave like a european company I was wrong ,finally I moved to zurich for the car and bike using chubb for third party risks they have a decent limit 1 billion , Im dealing direct with the office in denpasar also agent support for chubb , so far so good .

And of course cheaper for better policies .

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
Odd. I have tried Binagriya Bali across 3 days and get message saying number is invalid. Tried 3 different offices in Jakarta and the same with every number. I am beginning to think they may have folded. It looks like I may use Allianz as they have an office in Kuta and do answer the phone.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Serves you right for taking the advise of someone that chases small brown women and drinks large blonde beers. Agent was a lovely little Chinese guy name of Wong. Went completely off his head.

Reactions: Shadrach

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
Serves you right for taking the advise of someone that chases small brown women and drinks large blonde beers. Agent was a lovely little Chinese guy name of Wong. Went completely off his head.
That was Wong who went wong. Agent for Binagriya. They contacted me today and problem sorted.

• Haha
Reactions: Markit and Shadrach