Calling Indo from Oz

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Good morning folks,

A question for those of u who call Indo from Australia, can u suggest what is the best value way of calling to an Indonesian mobile? I currently use a "Daybreak" calling card which is not too bad at 34c / minute but it still adds up pretty quickly. I like to call the missus at least a couple of times a week for an hour or so, so you are looking at at least $20 bucks ish a phone call.

I have recently noticed an 'Indonesia Xpress' card @ 13c / minute, has anyone tried this one? I dont have a landline so there is no chance of coming to an agreement with a telco either.

Cheers
Adz

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
We currently use Shout! which I think is 13.5c per minute to a mobile, 9c to a landline. We get variable quality - actually not too happy with it at the moment as we quite often can't get through. Would be interested to hear other's experience with other cards.

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Hi Freogirl,

Last nite after to doing some searching for info on the net, I tried an 'Its Green Card'. Off the net they claim its 9c minute to mobiles and about 4c minute (from memory) to landlines. The quality was as good as i used to get from the daybreak card but the cost was actually closer to 13c minute from my calculations ($4.80 for 37mins last nite).

The frustrating thing is, this card is produced by the same company as the daybreak card but is 1/3 the cost to use :x Coulda been saving myself a fortune by simply asking the girl at the kiosk at the IGA here in Geraldton to press a different button :x .

Maybe this one is worth a try for u if u want better quality, it was excellent last nite (and daybreak has always been good for me too).

Adz

FreoGirl

Dec 21, 2004
Fremantle, Australia
Thanks for the info - sometimes they quote a cheaper rate to call Jakarta, so maybe that's the 9c?? They usually have some sort of flag-fall too. Will give it a go when our next lot of credit runs out.
Freo

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
They claim no flagfall and a 24hr flat rate, which is handy cos some of the cards peak / off peak rates vary astronomically. But hey even at 13c min I'm stoked......means I can pester the better half 3 times as often :)

Adz

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Hi Natalie,

Try this site:

http://www.cardcall.com.au/green-card.html

I simply by mine from the IGA supermarket here in Geraldton where I live, they sell them from an electronic touchscreen thingy, the same way as u purchase prepay mobile phone credit, and u end up with a pin number on a receipt rather than a 'card'.

It is certainly by far and away the cheapest option I have found so far, mind u I'm not really saving any money, just talking for 5 times as long..........

Adz