Bukti, Bondalem, Pondok Batu, Tejakula

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Dolphins are everywhere !

In Bukti (Air Sanih) there are (expat) villas, as well as in the other places you mention. There are a few isolated hotels in the area, nothing much what you could "tourism". Expat living is nice if you like quietness, and don't mind to drive to Singaraja to for shopping or medical care. From Bondalem, Tejakula you could drive to Ubud in 1,5 hours via Kintamani I believe. Current land prices for beach property in Bukti, depending on size and location should be between 15-25 million per are but larger areas may drop to 10. You may find cheaper land in Kubutambahan (closer to Singaraja) between 7-15 million an are, which should also be the prices in the area of Bondalem and Tejakula, allthough cheaper (and more expensive) pieces also can be found. Away from the beach prices drop to 3 -10 million. Some pieces of land will need road work and electricity supply, well drilling.

Diving is done either in Lovina or further west, but more logical for the area you mention are Amed, Tulamben, and even Padang Bai.

If you want you can always ask me to send out our local agent here, to see if we can meet your needs.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
As Bali goes, “the good, the bad, and the ugly,” if I could do it all over again, starting off eight years ago, I’m certain that I would have chosen Lovina and its environs.

I love Ubud, and life here for me and my family could not be better, but on the other hand, I find the Lovina area to be as intoxicating and appealing, equaling anywhere else on Bali, and more often, surpassing.

I truly believe that the “dumb” money right now is still being poured into Seminyak, while the “smart” money is going into Lovina and its environs.

Bert can tell me I am full of gecko dung, but his area is prime for investors with vision who are long reaching and willing to be patient. There are many solid reasons to say this, and they extend beyond the improvements in infrastructure, (roads in particular).

Investors aside, the Lovina area is truly wonderful, and while I could never live in Kuta or Seminyak, I could call Lovina my Bali home in a New York second.

Gongchime, while you can bet the Balinese would love to produce their own money, and in fact, did at one time, it’s the Indonesian rupiah that is always referred to here. It closed today, after trading at 9,070 to 1 US dollar.

Sanurian

Sep 28, 2004
Sanur
Udong?

Is that a young elder brother? (My dictionary leaves a lot to be desired.) Sounds like a good new thread, though: lots of possibilities there.

Sometimes, 'too' much 'drinking' is not enough, and sometimes 'enough' is not enough-enough.

No matter. At least I can still distinguish between Udang, (prawns), and pseudo/defacto cyber brothers. That has to count for something.

The current heat is wearing me down. Better leave 'enough' where it is right now.

Enough is enough.

:p

twain

Dec 2, 2006
Pasadena, CA - Kuta Bali
personally I like Bukit area, yes there are a lot of problem with the land ownership around that area BUT the development going on at that side of the Island is very impressive not to mention it's beautifull kind of the Malibu of Bali. In term of investment there is where I invest.
Some of development going on the bukit Pecatu (yes this time will be completed as called by SBY) inside pecatu area Sosro building a five star, Banyan Tree group fr Thailand building 50 five star villas devpl at Ungasan, Bvgari (are they done yet?) and many more
However for longterm and lower starting investment you cannot go wrong with dolphin :D and if money is no object Ubud, Lovina Kintamani, Medewi would be where I build my villa for Bali's complete experience :idea: