Bringing our dog to Bali

brendaferr

Sep 9, 2004
Santa Monica, California
We need some help from our expat community....What is the deal for bringing our dog. We have it on one source that we can bring her through Jakarta but now on the government web site it is saying NO....not from the US and if it can be done, there is a quarantine.....I know that there must be a way for us to have our girl dog with us. She is our family.[/list]

NED

Jun 4, 2005
Sydney
Hi,

Not sure about the US but in Australia it is possible to bring your dog direct into Bali. You will need an import certificate thru a pet transport service in your country, vet check and clearance and rabies vaccination. I cannot imagine you would have to go through quarantine.

We are going through a similar process at the moment for our move in January.

Good luck.

Ned

JPB

Jan 7, 2003
Perth WA
It may be easy to take your dog to Bali with vet certificate etc.
It will be very difficult to take the dog back to your country of origin.
Minimum will be 6 months quarantine possibly in your country.
You will not be able to visit during this time.
There are various nasties that dogs pick up along the way - Australia is very strong on preventing these viruses coming into the country.
Why not find a kind and loving family who wil care for your dog just as you do.
The dog would be far happier than being in the heat and humidity - possibly with a dose of eczma thrown in.

cheers

jogry blok

Sep 28, 2005
Dencarick
I know about a couple from holland lived in France, They brought 2 dogs to Bali,the dogs were for 6 week in quarantine in Singapore and another 2 weeks in Bali. It cost them a packet. The dogs are not too young, are doing well and love the place.
Hope this will help you
Jogry

guestjakarta

Feb 18, 2006
Jakarta for now
Goodness yes,
I know your dilemma as I am going through it right now as we speak.

So from a pro, here's my advice:

You have 2 choices::

But in both cases, make sure you've got all the required shots, his Health Certificate, Kennel Club docs and "Passport" before you leave.

One: Ship your dog to Singapore for a 3 month quarantine, then happily ship him/her to Bali without a HITCH.

Two: Ship your dog to Jakarta without a HITCH, then get ready for a 3-day car trip with a trusted Quarantine agent, and pay the "registration" fees at the port, then 30mn ferry ride, and voila!

For the latter, please provide your email here, and I'll give you a name and number.