BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Hey all, sorry my first post is a negative one but here goes

If anyone owns a Blackberry and needs to have it serviced DO NOT take it to Blackberry City in Jl Tekuma. My Girlfriend who is a local took her Blackberry into Blackberry City almost a month ago to get fixed. Initially they told her it would take 2 weeks, two weeks past and they still hadn't fixed it, they then said 1 more week. after another week of waiting they then said 2 more days. At this stage my girlfriend was fuming, so we went in there to pick it up to take some where else, my GF also called the manger who said he would meet with us personally at 2pm the next day. We then went to a good friend of mines place who I should have taken it too in the first place. Upon giving it to them they informed us that there were some parts missing. At this stage my GF was in tears, she then noticed they had changed her Battery to one with scratches all over. So the next day we went back to Blackberry City to see the manager who you guessed it wasn't there, after calling him he told us that he was in Canggu and that we were to talk with one of the staff. So after a long argument with their staff we got the parts back. They also gave us a new battery which when opening the packet it was in noticed scratched all over it. Surprise it wasn't new, in fact all it was a second had battery packaged as if it was new. The staff had no answers for this, just a dumb look on there faces. So after taking it to my friend two days ago he calls me today to tell me that

"Blackberry City have switched the LCD screen on it to one that is broken" He then said the initial problem was minor and the damaged part could be changed in a day and wouldn't cost much.

Right now I'm gutted, my girlfriend is in tears and there is nothing we can do about it. Nothing. Not only is my GF's Blackberry not fixed but she had to wait almost a month only to have these criminals steal the Battery, LCD and other parts from it.

I'm sure this is no surprise to people here as these sorts of things happen at most of these big name companies in Indonesia. I've also had problems with MacPC in Iman Bonjol but thats another story. I would suggest to people if they ever have problems with phones or any other electrical devices to take it back to there own country because the services here just can not be trusted.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
A horror story, all right. In my case, though, it would never happen. I have NEVER brought my cell phone to Bali and I survived very well without it. It was not exactly a deliberate choice, it is just that it never entered my mind to bring it along. Of course, for most of the time I spent in Indonesia, cell phone did not exist, so I guess I wa used to it. In retrospect, call it retrograde or whatever, being without the phone was heaven, and I never missed it for one second...:icon_biggrin:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
I'm sure this is no surprise to people here as these sorts of things happen at most of these big name companies in Indonesia. I've also had problems with MacPC in Iman Bonjol but thats another story. I would suggest to people if they ever have problems with phones or any other electrical devices to take it back to there own country because the services here just can not be trusted.

But seeing that many of us live here, have bought the itmes here, and travel to home countries infrequently, this advice is not so practical.

No doubt there are horror stories, but my encounters with service from Nokia, Acer, LG etc have been mostly positive. For sure, they are a bit slow, the option of replacing the faulty item rather than repairing it is never considered - but otherwise it seems to work and the people I have dealt with are not dishonest.

ajiebali

Oct 23, 2010
yes that right....this is horror story...:D

hi dude, when u have some thing trouble with high end gadget like iphone,blackberry,pda..
u can send text to +628563760576 (this person special gadget services)
not promotion...just help u