LATAH

Oct 12, 2010
Hello all.

A last minute opportunity has come up for a quick break - mid next week. Scanned airfares and have decided I'd like to visit a friend in Spain.

Checked with my visa agent here and I still have enough time to get everything I need for a 1yr Multiple Entry Biz Visa instead of coming back in on a new 211.

I'm not going to have much time there and while I'm off Barcelona, I'll have to fly into Madrid to get the visa process going then fast train it to BCN before heading back to Madrid to pick up PP and fly out.

Problem is that the Embassy website advises that proof of residency in Spain is required for a business visa. I messaged my agent here and he said it is possible to get without residency. I think he has Spanish clients but not sure if he has organised a visa to be issued ex Spain for a non Spanish resident. He didn't provide much more information other than it is possible and I only have a small window of time - I'm wondering if anyone has ever used a visa agent in Spain? I know it's a long shot but this forum often surprises me.

I'd really like to be able to give someone a call before I purchase ticket (not much time left)...it's a long way to go and I don't want to end up coming back in on VOA. It would also be great if an agent could hasten the process and have PP couriered to me in BCN as I could save myself some valuble holiday time if I can fly out of BCN.

By the way, I don't speak Spanish but can get a Spanish friend to call them if they don't speak much English.

Here's hoping the forum comes through again.
Cheers
Kimberley