Best way to find house to rent 6 months

perthgirl

Jan 17, 2008
Perth, WA
Hi

I am relocating to Bali in June for approx 6 months, whats the best way to go about finding a house to rent? Is it easier to wait until I get there and look on the noticeboards or should I try find something online? I have contacted Ray White Kuta but they haven't really come back with anything. I am looking for 2bed/2bath, kitchen, furnished, budget is approx 65million for 6 months

thanks for your ideas/suggestions

Lindsey

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Lindsey, if you don’t mind hanging out in a hotel for your first couple of weeks or so, then no question you are better off waiting until you arrive. You’ll get to see more variety and you will better able to bargain with cash in hand and in person. Photos of real estate can be very deceptive.

The Bali Advertiser and The Bali Times both have on-line editions (search Google or Yahoo) including current real estate ads. At least there you can get an idea of what is out there and the rental fees based on various areas.

Your budget should be more than enough, even for the higher priced real estate in the South. Good luck with your move!

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Hi Perthgirl

I am paying 30 million per year for a 3 bedroom/ 2 bathroom house in Jimbaran. Unfurnished though. Your budget is more than enough to get you somthing really nice. My freind paid 85 million for a beautiful house with pool so for 65 million for 6 months I would expect a pool too. Or go for somthing a bit simpler and spend the extra cash on somthing else :eek:)

perthgirl

Jan 17, 2008
Perth, WA
Thanks Roy
Where abouts are the bets places to look for notices about houses to rent?
cafes that expats visit? places in seminyak?
or just wander around the neighbourhoods looking for a sign advertising house for rent?
I have been to Bali 18 times but never looked into this before

thanks
Lindsey

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
There is an old line, or I should say, an expression in the US which is, “let your fingers do the walking.” At that time, now recorded in history, that meant to check the yellow pages of a phone book, i.e. the business directory. Today of course, it’s perfectly applicable to the internet, even more applicable these days, then back then.

Thinking of what I just wrote, may I remind you to check out the Bali Advertiser and The Bali Times?

After being to Bali 18 times, you should know by now where expats in Seminyak tend to congregate. “Word of mouth” is often the best to explore when it comes to buying most anything here, and real estate is no exception.

If you were thinking of Ubud, I could direct you with precision, but Seminyak is not my place, nor do I pretend to know much about it. Maybe Phil, aka Sanurian on this forum can help. Sanur is of course not Seminyak, but it is at least much closer than is Ubud. Cheers, and Selamat hari raya Nyepi.

perthgirl

Jan 17, 2008
Perth, WA
Thanks Roy

I'm actually not that keen on living in Seminyak I would prefer Sth Kuta like Tuban but not many places for rent down there
I would be interested in Ubud, do you think with my budget I would find anything in Ubud?

thanks
Lindsey

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hi Lindsey,

I shouldn't be on line during Nyepi, but most of the village is out walking about, so what the heck.

On your budget, yes, you could find a great place in Ubud and as noted by Mimpi, most surely with a pool and a staff. Send me a PM and let me know when in June you are coming to Bali and I'll put some feelers out for you. Several expats I know here in Ubud split there time between Bali and another home, so this could work out well for you. Also your e-mail address would be helpful so I can pass that on to anyone looking for a house sitter from June to November or December.

kauaibobby

Oct 27, 2007
santa cruz, california, usa
hi lindsey........ perth girl
sure seems like a lot of people from perth come to bali.
I guess its a lot closer than i am to bali, in california ,USA
That is the same thing that i was going to do is rent a hotel for a few weeks or what ever it took to find the place we want to live.
Sure wouldnt want to find a place first without actually seeing the place frist, that woukd be very risky and i am sure you could find a better place and deal in person.
hope to meet up with all of you nice people soon.
I only want to meet the nice people of course.
bye for now and have fun moving
bobby