Bali Video online from 1988

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Ok,

its a long time ago, but I just watched the first few minutes of the video and it may give you (a bit of romantic) idea about Bali.

Its about 52 minutes !

Broadband users only I am afraid....

Its from the new Google Video service, something that gives me plenty of ideas 8)

Here is the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2805529156

Some text from the movie:

Bali's rice culture: The Balinese are more efficient in growing rice then the most technical advanced countries

Thats why they have plenty of time for their rich cultural traditions, such as the colorful ceremonies.

G

Bert, that has to be HANDS DOWN the best video on Bali I have ever seen, to be honest I have not seen many but I REALY enjoyed that! As Dyah said, this is a great video to show our friends. I have tried to explain Bali to friends many times before but it is simply IMPOSIBLE... this video is gold!

Thank you Bert!

Is the worse thing for my homesickness problem however... :(

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Re: RE: Bali Video online from 1988

Sergio said:
^ that was me, I keep forgetting to login. :roll:
Sergio, why don't you tick the "Log me in automatically each visit" box when you log in?

That way, you don't have to remember to log in each time. :?

Sparky

Aug 9, 2004
england..LONDON
Fantastic and informative Bert really nice little video that gives you an idea of the magic of Bali and the heartbeat of the island (i know i sound like a romantic bullshitting poet but its tru aint it you lucky ex-pats Roy Bert Sanurian etc)

No but seriously give me more of these little beauities as Steve Irwin of Crocodile Diaries states.

Just luuuvvved it Bert.

Cheers mate and G'day members.

Sparks sparking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Sorry, no broadband. :cry:

Bert, is this the program often aired on National Geographic, or is it the one produced here in Ubud by Joe Yaggi of Bali Video?

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
If I remember, I 'll burn it on CD and take it with me to Ubud one day.

That would be great Bert, many thanks! If it is the one that includes a segment on the topang maker Alit, then I'm sure it's the one shown on the NG channel from time to time.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Hi Bert,

Thank you so much for pointing out this wonderful video. Really, it’s the best one I have seen in all my years. It brought some wonderful memories and tears to my eyes

Near the beginning, the pristine stretch of beach, with the coconut trees being washed by the sea: this is what Candi Dasa was about. This scene was taken, looking south toward Padang Bai, just before one enters the village itself (as the roads comes right against the beach); old Murni’s; the narrow main street of Ubud, with NO traffic jam!; Nyoman Suradia (spelling), 18 years younger (and thinner); and Anom, as a young man; Monkey Forest, before it got “touristized”: the Waltel next to Nomad, etc, etc.

There is an extraordinary atmosphere of this video, an extraordinary mood, and contrary to many other videos on Bali, the commentaries are acurate. Thank you Micheal Heumann for a job well done.

Jay Elle

Mar 3, 2006
Italy
Thank you Bert for the advice about the bali video . have just been enjoying the first few minutes. makes me feel homesick too ! Jay Elle.