Bali Advertiser in financial trouble?

spicyayam

There is a report in the Bali Times that discusses some kind of business troubles the owner of the Bali Advertiser is having.

The Bali Advertiser, an advertising-led publication catering to Bali’s large expatriate sector, had previously reported financial difficulties, in a memo to clients.

In a publication that is made up of only ads and some articles written by foreigners which have some interesting information it seems surprising that it could be having financial trouble :?: Surely the costs to print and distribute aren't that high?

If it was for sale and I had the money to buy it, I would be interested in it. I know the internet is taking over these kinds of free papers, but I still think it will be around for a while.

spicyayam said:
Surely the costs to print and distribute aren't that high?

if you know how many copies (circulation) and how many pages (average) they do per 14 days (isn't it) it's easier to calculate the costs..

and if they are in financial trouble it might be worth it to look into the 'why is that?' (before negotiating a price for the paper). maybe because of personal mismanagement of the business, if it's a CV instead of a PT personal financial problems..etcetc...

Also it shouldn't be too difficult to get an idea how much they are making by counting all of the advertisements. I just had the impression that it looks like a good business, not something I would like to get into though. Living overseas most of my life I have always enjoyed reading the various expat magazines.

yeah, but it's not as simple as counting the advertisement and then multiply them by x amount of dollars...to me it just seems odd that they would be in some kind of financial problems...same goes for me spice, it ain't something I would consider buying or getting into.
hell, I think I will never start a business here...I mean in it for the money kinda business.
yup, I like to browse through it too...whenever there's one lying around at the bakery i grab it along with the baguette :)

A NOTICE in Bali Advertiser:

Bali advertiser is in financial shape regardless of the irresponsible reporting by certain local English languages media...........

Bali Advertise

A NOTICE in Bali Advertiser:

Bali advertiser is in financial shape regardless of the irresponsible reporting by certain local English languages media...........

Bali Advertise

Yup... should be good business.. I do the same thing in Norway and i have too say... they have a huge job 2 do... right now it looks like kids are designet it.

Thank you lumumba...I was starting to worry that I wouldn't be able to grab a copy next time we made it over to Bali. I love browsing through that publication.

Back