Bakery Partnership

luci

Aug 8, 2005
Belgium
Hai pembaca semua,

My husband(Belgian) and I have plan to stay in Bali next year .I am looking a patnership to run a Bakery in Bali.I have my Indonesian nationality ,I speak Indonesian,English,Dutch,and a little French.I used to work with Europen standard and for the moment I still work in a bakery in Brussels(for a good reference if nedeed).I have certificated of french cuisine and bakery patiserie from Belgium .Is any body have the same idea like me and willing to do hard job(mostly the working time at night) ?I prefer someone that know a little of bakery business (if posibble).I open to any sugestion or idea too.

Terima kasih
Luci

patatje

Nov 30, 2004
belgium, semarang, bali.....
RE: partnership

Sorry I can be of no assitance for a bakery but I like some good bread on my time. One of the things I sometimes miss in Indonesia. Hope you can make it and I'll will surely visit your bakery. I love my 'pistolets' on a sunday-morning. Let me know if, when and where your bakery is. By the way ( probably you've noticed already)I myself am also from Belgium and my wife's Indonesian. We're are leaving for Indonesia in november for six months. Maybe we can have a coffee with a 'pateeke' sometime. Succes with your idea.

frankvd

Aug 25, 2005
HKG
Hello Lucie and Patatje (toffe naam),
I (Belgian and also married with Indonesian) are also planning to move to Bali (permanent or mostly of the year ) ,we live at the moment in HongKong so it's not that big of a trip . Recently we have been going back to Bali about every month . For Lucie stay in touch as before we talked briefly about s.th as a good bakery , for Patatje also do stay in touch as if you are in Bali for 6 months we defentily could meet i Bali ....and yes it's great to have that pistoleken .....as here in HKG also hard to find some real tasty bread ! at the moment we are making are own bread .....well a little bit closer to the Belgian taste .

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Well, a good "Belgische Friet" business would have one steady customer, ME

Combine it with a bakery, and some interesting expat food stuff, a restaurant, a delivery service and come to Singaraja....

(Go to Bali Deli in Seminyak to see a concept)

I'll help you to set up the business, give you a free web based shop so all the hotels, expats, and enlightened Balinese in the North area can order online.

Be prepared for a poor life and continuous investment :)

patatje

Nov 30, 2004
belgium, semarang, bali.....
Hello,
(There's a Belgian guy -with Indonesian wife- who started a bakery in Yogya.)
And for me I would prefer Belgian Chocolates (pralines). Great succes in the whole world but a little bit difficult in Indonesia.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
In the past seven years of permanent living on Bali, one of the greatest changes “for the good” I’ve seen has been in the food industry. Six, seven years ago, you couldn’t find any decent baked goods, cheese, vintage wines, or anything remotely close to gourmet.

That has all radically changed, especially in southern Bali. So, Bert’s post hits a good point. That is, to maybe consider your bakery in an area of Bali that does not already one. Always better to have a monopoly in an area that craves your product, than to compete with others. Good luck, and bring it on!

maurits

Oct 10, 2004
Belanda
When I was in Bali in May, I had a conversation with Jean-Phillipe Petit, he is the owner of Le Bake shop and I have to say, he has good quality bread.

And what about Bali Bakery in Kuta and Denpasar? Anyway, I believe there is still a need for such business. But indeed, like Roy says there is already competition...

luci

Aug 8, 2005
Belgium
Dag allemaal,

Thank you for your answers ,last July I have been in Indonesia and I learn that Bakery business is booming, specially in Jakarta,Medan and Jogjakarta and their costumers are local people.My concept is to open bakery more for local people as wel as expatriate with a good patiserie ,ice cream,and chocolate .
Bali bakery is a good bakery,they have excelent muesli bread but it is very big for my concept.I prefer to have small business but all home-made and good ....and not too expensive.
It is the idea of my husband to live in Bali ,he has his early pension this year so I will follow him ,I come from Sumatra island ,honestly in Bali ,I fell also like all of you ....a foreigner.
Bali is wonderfull island but I can not live more than 1 month there, I need to get work !!as I dont enjoy night life more than 1 month.
Few years ago, I looked around Legian and seminyak but the rent of the shop was terribly expensive if I compared with the return of investment.
So I need a business patner to do the invesment together so the risk of long term invesment wont be to heavy ,as my husband doest want to involve in the business .
May be I have to think about the idea of Bert ,in Singaraja ?and put on the menu stoofvless met Belgische fritten !!Emmmm....lekker
Patatje ,I work for SEYNAVE Bakery in MEISE and I live in LAKEN -BRUSSELS,please if you want to buy something in the bakery, be prepare to Q-up specially in the week-end .Of course I will be please to meet you and your Indonesian wife .
Please send me e-mail to [email protected]
Thanks again for all comment and sorry if I cant answer all of the comment in this forum.

Groetjes,
Luci