Back to the Island of Gods

Cassienne

Aug 28, 2004
New Zealand - Bali soon!
Hello everyone!

I am back in Bali, and so excited to be here! I actually just got a job in Japan, but I had a month before it starts. My plane took me to Bangkok, but when I got there I remembered how much I hated that city, and early the next morning bought a ticket to Denpasar, raced home to pack my bag, and made the plane with about 15 minutes to spare!
It is so lovely to be here, so familiar, I don't think this plce has changed at all. Except perhaps less tourists. I went back to the school where I was teached, and got the most amazing welcome. No one knew I was coming, but the news spread like wildfire, and I was lynched in the corridor by mobs of kids who all wanted to hug me and talk to me. It was so great to see them again! And most of them asked me to come back and teach then again, which was very sweet, but inside my head I was saying "when hell freezes over." (I didn't have a particularly good time at the school, althought the students were great.)

I'm in Kuta right now, which is not my favourite place - mainly because of the guys that try and grab me all the time - but soon I'll be going up to Ubud, which I absolutely love and then probably Amed. I would love tocatch up with some of you! Perhaps we could meet at Nuri's or somewhere?

I have had the most wonderful time since I left Bali last year. I travelled to Thailand, the Philippines, Korea (to do a summer teaching camp) then Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and back to Thailand. Then I went home to New Zealand for Christmas to see my friends and family. I had a great time in all those countries, but I have to say, I think Indonesia is my favourite.

I haven't been on this forum for a very long time so I'm delighted to see it's still going strong. Hey, on my website are a whole bunch of pictures, and quite a few from Indonesia and Bali if anyone wants to have a look at them. the address is http://cassienne.multiply.com

Lots of love, Cassienne

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Hey girl...great to hear from you again. Welcome home! :D

Hooking up at Nuris again sounds good to me. Send me a PM if you need my phone numbers.

There is a new forum member, daneyo who was looking for solid info on teaching jobs in Bali. I suggested he read all your past posts, as well as a few others to learn all that you had to offer about this sort of thing.

I haven't checked your website yet, but I will. See you soon!

PS...my very polite brother in law Ketut is still single! :oops:

Cassienne

Aug 28, 2004
New Zealand - Bali soon!
Hey

Sorry, Roy, I'm guessing he's going to stay single a little longer! As for teaching, well the school I was at are looking for teachers right now. As you know, I don't have a great opinion of that school, although the salary is good and so are the students. But I know of aother schools around. It depends on his credentials too.

Thanks, Bert. I showed the pictures to the people at my school today, some of them were a little shocked to see themselves there. No one seemed to mind, luckily :)

Cassienne