Baby Girl Names

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
This may be an appropriate time to share the fact that Made & I hope to be adopting in a few months time. :)

Our sister in law is pregnant & they already have 2 daughters so it has been agreed that we will adopt this baby when it is born in Aug/Sept.

I would like the baby to have an irish name (like Dug) It will live & be immersed in Indonesian culture so the name is one little part of its irish heritage that I can give it. If it is a little girl she will be named after my mother & although my mums name is a common one in the west, its not in Lombok & it goes so well with our family name. "Mary Marjaya!

So this is part of the reason that I have also been looking at taking Indonesian Nationality recently ;-)

dug

May 9, 2006
los angeles
Hi Jimbo, Enjoy your posts, and good luck in you retirement. I agree Tana Toraja is very fine land indeed, as well as Sulawesi, very diverse.
Ciara is a Gaelic name, I found it looking through books and the name came out and stuck. I must confess that my love for the Sierra nevada mountain range helped in that decision, but Sierra is spanish for mountain and they are slightly different in pronuciation,never the less. Also of course like Roy,I love Ayu as well as other Indonesian names.

dug

May 9, 2006
los angeles
Hey Jimbo stupid me!! I read your post closer."DUG" is a guy with a shovel in his head,"DOUGLAS" is a guy without a shovel in his head!! I think it Scottish!!!

Sergio

Dec 6, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Welcome Londonboy and congratulations! I've tried twice now but my wife keeps making these three legged kind. :lol:

Here are a few more for your little angel...

Sinta
Santi
Kiki
Dewi
Yanti
Cinta
Lisna

Tracey

Mar 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
We have 2 daughters:
Maddison Latifah & Indah Rose....

I also like Yuli, Ayu, Anik.....

But whatever name you choose will be special for your daughter Katherine....

Pooochie... I am excited that you are wanting a baby.... hee hee

I love being pregnant & having to not make up any excuse for having 2 or more pieces of cake!!!!!