ATM skimming

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
My wife had her card skimmed at an ATM here. It is a local BNI account.

She thinks the bank won't reimburse her the money. I believe most international banks reimburse the money when this happens.

Anyone have experience with this?

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
My wife had her card skimmed at an ATM here. It is a local BNI account.

She thinks the bank won't reimburse her the money. I believe most international banks reimburse the money when this happens.

Anyone have experience with this?
I have been told that after learning when her card was skimmed by reviewing her statement she can go to the bank to have the CCTV reviewed for that day to learn the possible identity of the skimmer. The bank should then realize the act at least had occurred and she should have a good chance of a reimbursement. They obviously should have other complaints at about the same time to narrow the search and hopefully identity of the skimmer.
It can't have happened to just one customer. Hope this helps and hasn't been old information.

Josh

Apr 7, 2010
Sanur
I read somewhere that banks now going to stop reimbursing money if the transaction happens in Indonesia.
For overseas transactions they will reimburse it.
My CIMB Niaga card has been skimmed a few months ago. I noticed it the same day they took money out of my account because of the notification email I get with any transaction. I stopped by at the bank, blocked the card and filed a report. They asked for a copy of my passport to proof that I did not leave the country (the transaction in question has been done overseas) and after around 8 weeks I got the money reimbursed. So far so good. Another friend of mine had his UK card skimmed and they reimbursed his money without a problem. Cant remember what bank...