Deva

Aug 6, 2010
Hello, everybody..

I'm a local and will get married soon, my fiancee is a romanian. my questions here are how are the procedures? what documents are required for both of us to make it as a legal international marriage?
I do thank you and appreciate it very much for the answers.

Cheers,
Deva

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Hello, everybody..

I'm a local and will get married soon, my fiancee is a romanian. my questions here are how are the procedures? what documents are required for both of us to make it as a legal international marriage?
I do thank you and appreciate it very much for the answers.

Cheers,
Deva

Hello Deva, I can't help with the marriage questions but just want to say welcome to this forum and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Keep us posted on how everything goes. I'd enjoy descriptions of a Balinese wedding.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
There is some good information here which should answer most of your questions:

Mixed Marriages - legal concerns for Indonesians and Expatriates who marry

This is also important for getting married in Indonesia:

"a marriage is legitimate if it has been performed according to the laws of the respective religious beliefs of the parties concerned. All couples who marry in Indonesia must declare a religion. Agnosticism and Atheism are not recognized. The Civil Registry Office (Kantor Catatan Sipil) can record marriages of persons of Hindu, Buddhist, Christian-Protestant and Christian-Catholic faiths. Marriage partners must have the same religion, otherwise one partner must make a written declaration of change of religion.”