Aquariums

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
My fish are growing very fast and I need a new aquarium to accommodate them.

The pet shops I have looked at only had the smaller ones.

Ace Hardware have a very good selection but cost millions. I was hoping to find somthing a bit cheaper. I did try to find the bird market when I was originally looking but ended up driving round in circles so gave up. Has anyone been there who can tell me if they have aquariums and its worth me trying to find them again?

Or is there anywhere else that stocks reasonably priced aquariums?

Thanks
Gemma

lestat

Mar 28, 2008
bali
You can buy slabs of glass at a hardware store with a few tubes of silicone sealant and make your own. Ask the store to cut the glass exactly the size you want so you can just glue them together when you get home. Oh you may need some plastic strings too to tie the glass in shape until the silicone hardens.

Good luck! :D

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Oh god... if I did that I would live in constant fear of it leaking. With the amount of water the pressure would be a lot. Even the small tank I have now has the sealant as well as bracketing on every joins.

Thanks for the suggestion though, if I was a bit more handy I might give it a go.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Gemma with the level of ability of your normal craftsman here on Bali I am sure that if you talked to a glazier he would fit you up with the most wonderful aquarium you can imaging for peanuts.

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
FInally made it to Pasar Barung this week. I am not sure how we missed it last time as we drove past it three times! Maybe because it isn't nearly as big as I was expecting it to be. Just two gangs of shops selling an assortment of birds, hamsters, guinea pigs and of course a few fish shops too. I did see two macaque monkies but I think the most exotic thing I saw was two kingfishers in a cage :(

The aqauariums on offer are rather tacky multi coloured offerings but there was a place I could have one made to order without all the gawdy trim. My made to order one will cost 2 million, including light, pump, filter etc. A similar sized one in Ace, with nothing included is about 5/6 million. So thanks to Sanurian who first pointed me in that direction, when I was looking before! :D