Anyone following the Derek Chauvin trial?

spicyayam

I think this is the first trial I have seen live on tv. The footage of George Floyd dying is obviously distressing, seeing it played from various angels and vantage points.

Like most people I believe the police officer should be charged and receive some kind of punishment. I can't imagine he would survive for long in jail if he is not given protective custody.

From a legal perspective I thought the defense attorney didn't start well, but he seems to be getting better. Obviously he has a team but it is just him questioning the witnesses and the prosecution has a team of lawyers.

I think media outlets (from what I have seen) present the case a foregone conclusion that the police officer will be charged, but I can see the chance the case will result in a hung jury, which could lead to outrage and rioting.

See this trial has everything a trial should not have - political issues, racial and legal. Without the whole BLM rodeo this would not have been an issue.

FFS the guy was a big time crook, renown for eating his drugs when challenged and with a history of going crazy when arrested.

BooHoo White privilege, boohoo poor down-trodden black people, boohoo evil police men, boohoo, boohoo us all.

The guy was reported in the act of perpetrating a crime (forgery), high as feck on any number of drugs and with pre-existing serious medical issues. A real bonus to society I think and his fam now has $27 million to play with paid from the city. Lets just ponder how many bridges, schools or clinics that would have bought and how many other families would be willing to offer up a member for a fraction of that dosh. (end of rant)

Even if all you write is true Markit, and I’m not saying it is, it doesn’t give a police officer the right to appoint himself judge and jury and strangle him to death by putting his knee on his neck for....9.5 minuets!! FFS.

Come on! All we know about American cops says to me if Derrick had wanted him dead he would have just shot him 10 or 15 times.

Come on! All we know about American cops says to me if Derrick had wanted him dead he would have just shot him 10 or 15 times.
Cmon markit, the American press is bad enough without you spreading this stuff. This happened on the street during the day, and you suggest the cop could have shot the victim while in hand cuffs at will? Ease up on the late night movies.

Yeah fuck tha police as NWA so politely put it in 1988 (way ahead of their time)! I caught this on HLN and ABC as they are channels I quite often watch for news. 27M or not ( no idea if that's an actual figure or just a rant), GF didn't get any benefit from it anyway. Disgusting to see the cops behave like this no matter what drug the guy is on, didn't legalising marijuana do wonders in America? Literally making criminals to pump in to that slave sustained jail system they have over there.

I have been following these awful stories over years! This bananarepublic is a disgust to human rights! I just can hope, but not very optimistic, that Biden will really do some effective. If this killer gets free there will be a lot of violence.

The trial is indeed stirring emotions and raising important legal discussions. It's crucial for the justice system to unfold without bias. Let's hope for a fair and just outcome, respecting due process. It's essential to engage in constructive dialogue and uphold the principles of justice and accountability.

The trial is indeed stirring emotions and raising important legal discussions. It's crucial for the justice system to unfold without bias. Let's hope for a fair and just outcome, respecting due process. It's essential to engage in constructive dialogue and uphold the principles of justice and accountability.
Prove you're not an AI - tell us a joke.

Prove you're not an AI - tell us a joke.
Hah. "'The lady doth protest too much, methinks. '" It seems every other, thread Markit is demanding that posters prove they are not an alien. A classic diversionary tactic. Markit, prove you are not an alien.
1712022838135.png

Again Markit the alien has tripped himself up. "I can show you my dick", he says and reveals in that moment an insight into Alien behaviour. In some of the Amazonian tribes they identify each other by wiping a hand under the armpit and smelling it. Dogs sniff each other. Lions mark out the perimeters of their terrain by spraying urine. And it seems Aliens identify each other by waving their dicks.

Welcome to our planet. Are you the leader?

1712061907213.png

Again Markit the alien has tripped himself up. "I can show you my dick", he says and reveals in that moment an insight into Alien behaviour. In some of the Amazonian tribes they identify each other by wiping a hand under the armpit and smelling it. Dogs sniff each other. Lions mark out the perimeters of their terrain by spraying urine. And it seems Aliens identify each other by waving their dicks.

Welcome to our planet. Are you the leader?

View attachment 4071
Hey maybe aliens have dicks too! How about show me your bellybutton! I don't know, maybe aliens have bellybuttons too! Great cartoon, so true for the married man!

Back