Any recommendations for accommodation??

G

Hi,

I am going to Bali for the first time and want to stay around Kuta. My friend and I are looking for cheap accommodation that is still nice and has good atmosphere.

Any suggestions to help us in the right direction?

Thanks

hicarbon

Jun 23, 2005
Richmond, Va. USA
Will any of these "hotel" type places that offer bungalows work with you as far as long term or seasonal stays and the price? I've heard of a few places around Thailand and the likes that will allow people to stay for like 6+ months for a really good price. The hotel you recommended doesn't look bad at, Bert. Quaint and simple, but a nice tropical atmosphere. And from the way rates are going, you can't be roughly what, $10 or $11/night? :)

Tracey

Mar 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Depends on youir visa status too... Do you have a visa to stay longer thannthe 30 days you will be granted for $25US as you land in Indonesia, coz or else you should start looking at getting a visa & then once you know the amount of days/weeks/months etc you will be staying you bargain a price for that amount of time, no use atyaing 8 wks & asking how much per week, simply say i will stay here for 8 wks so how much will that be?
There are many places that you can do this at... You will see many smal signs with accom & places to stay, so just go off the main street & down some alleys to find some treasures in Kuta/Legian if that is the area you plan to stay in!!!

hicarbon

Jun 23, 2005
Richmond, Va. USA
Thank you, Tracey. :)

I am hoping to spend at least a week in possibly Kuta within the year with a few friends. But my ultimate goal if I enjoy it and find that I trully do love it there, is to hopefully go back for good! LoL. I just have to figure out how much $$$ up front that will take (To get a small place) and how I'd make money while living there.

BULBUL

Oct 20, 2004
Surabaya, Indonesia
Thak you for your information Bert.

I'm going to Bali this September. I'm interested in staying in Pelasa Hotel. I always stay in Denpasar when I visit Bali.

How about the food in Legian area? Is it expensive?

And I need information about cheap hotel in Karangasem area like Pelasa Hotel).

Thanks

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Food in Legian comes in different prices, form Nasi Jingo to Australian imported steak and McD.

Last time I fled from the Pelasa Hotel, I must confess.....

AC wasn't working, bad bed, and no "replacement room", full.

reel

Dec 11, 2005
malaysia
BULBUL said:
Thank you matahari
HI..i wiil go to bali soon in feb.thank for the information matahari.then i forward to find an accomodation like Rhama village but have 2 seperate bedroom.so anybody can u all suggest for me.probably prefer in kuta,seminyak and somewhere around there.
thanks..

G

I stayed KOmalah Indah II in legian 3 times before...nice garden, clean rooms, simple beakfast, close to the beach.....prices change according to the room, i remember paying 90,000Rp and 120, 000Rp....prices are for double bed rooms so if u have friend u share the cost

G

Just back this week. Stayed at BALI AYU in Semiyak. Roomy, clean, excellent staff, reasonable food, good restautant accross road, (Bebek Bali), close to everything but far enough away from crowds & noise.

Dyah

Dec 29, 2005
Hamburg, Germany
www.ikat-agentur.com
Komala Indah is nice hotel ... and have a good location with many restaurants, warungs and beach access . :p
But the recommendation from matahari is good too... respectively for a long stay..it´s nice bungalow with many space.

sander

Dec 29, 2004
Almere - The Netherlands
www.hamel.it
There are many good and cheap hotels arround kuta. I stayed last time with nyepi inside Hotel Sari Bunga. Thats in Jl. Arjuna (Double Six)

They have indovision TV, AC, Hot Water, Swimming Pool etc. I paid 175.000 IDR per night incl. breakfast Tel. +62 (0)361 730240

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
My favorite accommodation in Kuta is on the beach. I’ve only spent one night in Kuta and it was a coyote ugly night many years ago. I was way too drunk to see, but in the morning, I was able to knaw my right arm off, (and escape), as it, (my right arm), was couching her head, lest I wake her up!

The “Bali Angels” on the expat forum will be upset with this, but heck...they call us apes. So what do THEY call those ladies who lay down with us and cause us such horrible pain? :shock: :shock: :shock:

pooochie

Aug 8, 2005
UK
Re: RE: Any recommendations for accommodation??

Roy said:
My favorite accommodation in Kuta is on the beach. I’ve only spent one night in Kuta and it was a coyote ugly night many years ago. I was way too drunk to see, but in the morning, I was able to knaw my right arm off, (and escape), as it, (my right arm), was couching her head, lest I wake her up!

The “Bali Angels” on the expat forum will be upset with this, but heck...they call us apes. So what do THEY call those ladies who lay down with us and cause us such horrible pain? :shock: :shock: :shock:

To All: With absolutely no Prejudice

Warning: Adult humour.

Dear Oom Roy

Since you asked for it. Here is my answer. :shock: :oops: :lol:

Roy said:
So what do THEY call those ladies

Easy we call them our “Fallen Angels”, who have gone to the dark side. They have even adopted their own name of “night butterflies”. You must of seen them flying around Bali?

Roy said:
The “Bali Angels” on the expat forum will be upset with this but heck...they call us apes

I doubt if any of the “Bali Angels” will be upset. They already know what you men like to do in the twilight hours :oops: . This is why you were given a gauche name for yourselves. However as this is not perdurable then we must now call you a “Warrior” :p – so off to the jungle with you and hunt some wild boar for dinner and no more Kuta Beach where the “night butterflies” dwell :( . Don’t come back till you catch some. And just to add, your cooking. :lol:

Roy said:
I was way too drunk to see

Yes it is amazing that men think it the prettier ladies that go out later at night. But it is only because by then you have had ten pints of Bintang. “Beauty is the eye of the beholder”, unless under the influence. :lol:

Roy said:
those ladies who lay down with us and cause us such horrible pain?

Did you really have pain when you decided to lie down together? Well there “is a thin line between pain and pleasure”. I bet you were saying “I love you” :oops: . Come on, tell the truth, the only pain was guilt the next day. But deep down you have no regrets :) . You can always say “I have done it and got the t-shirt”. Hope nothing else was included :lol: .

Roy said:
but in the morning, I was able to knaw my right arm off, (and escape), as it, (my right arm), was couching her head, lest I wake her up!

I wonder what she would have thought if she had woke up first and seen you :shock: :lol: .

Just a joke, look forward to getting the full details at Nuris in the future :shock: . I will remind you, now I know :lol: .

Best tender wishes with a small kiss on the cheek 8)

Ni Luh

shebitme

Oct 2, 2005
Fremantle
We stayed at the Pelasa after reading the recommendations here. We were there with our 3 year old. To be honest there were lots of good accomodation options, and as the Pelasa is erm, aah, how would you say "modest" in terms of luxury it was tempting to look elsewhere. But we enjoyed it, and stayed longer than planned. The people are "quirky" nice, which beats the heck out of bland professional. The pool is fine, and I guess it's in need of a spruce up, but I hope they don't. Just keep it as it is; a little bit of a relic, with charm and old style family feel.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
Good Golly Miss Molly...Ni Luh!

I'm just now "catching up" with this post of yours...and phew....

I wonder what she would have thought if she had woke up first and seen you

That's fair enough, but keep in mind that as Angie seems to think, Australia does not have a monopoly on large bananas....so I guess the answer has to do with what she "woke up to." :p

Wanita sedekat nekal, eh? I like it. These kind of "teasings" and fun are normal in the warungs, and even in family compounds.

You bring a fresh, and very Balinese, (as I know Bali) insight to this forum. I only hope most understand where you are comming from. I sure do, and yes, it will be great fun for the four of us to laugh over martinis when you and Jabber come home. Selamat! Good post!