An Example to the Other "Democracies"?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Y'all being fecking clever as feck prob already knew all this but I was today years old when I found out that the Bali governor Koster and his dep Cok both lay down their duties on September 5th just passed.

Their gov jobs were taken over by an Independent acting governor (appointed? ) until the actual elections for governor/dep are over later in the year.

This allows them to devote their entire efforts to getting re-elected and doesn't mean that the governing of Bali and its electorate are neglected AND it gives someone from another party a whack at governing.

I think this is cool and I'm sure you sour old fecks will come along and destroy my happy demeanor immediately with some caveat to the whole thing that makes it look shite but until then .... Cheers and well done Indonesia and Bali.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Election year (2024) means a lot of events will take place that might seem uncorrelated for an untrained eye. Koster is off for campaigning. An activity that cost an awful lot of money in Indonesia. After all I doubt most politicians are voted in because they are well liked and have a great political platform with ideas to improve life for the people?

One thing to note is that the huge tollroad project is put on hold recently. Maybe they found better use for the money.

https://voi.id/en/news/295099

TerjeHN

Jul 18, 2023
Y'all being fecking clever as feck prob already knew all this but I was today years old when I found out that the Bali governor Koster and his dep Cok both lay down their duties on September 5th just passed.

Their gov jobs were taken over by an Independent acting governor (appointed? ) until the actual elections for governor/dep are over later in the year.

This allows them to devote their entire efforts to getting re-elected and doesn't mean that the governing of Bali and its electorate are neglected AND it gives someone from another party a whack at governing.

I think this is cool and I'm sure you sour old fecks will come along and destroy my happy demeanor immediately with some caveat to the whole thing that makes it look shite but until then .... Cheers and well done Indonesia and Bali.
Reason for Koster and Tjok stepping down is because their term has ended, and an interim Governor is in until after elections 2024 so the new guy may be in the seat until late next year. Koster will run again, and we have yet to see anyone stepping up to compete with him.

Reactions: spicyayam

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Reason for Koster and Tjok stepping down is because their term has ended, and an interim Governor is in until after elections 2024 so the new guy may be in the seat until late next year. Koster will run again, and we have yet to see anyone stepping up to compete with him.
Yeah, right. In the west we demand/expect our politicos to just soldier on with their day jobs and work for re-election at the same time.

No guesses which job comes off the worst. Since most of our politicians in the west are an absolute shit shower anyway it's probably better for the voters when they're not concentrating on the day job.

More Jaded than Markit