anso

May 22, 2011
I am looking for a land to buy in South Bali, but it seems that the land price in popular area like Canggu has gone way out of my budget and is getting overcrowded slowly turning itself into another Kuta and Seminyak. Is there any other area in South Bali where price is still affordable and not so crowded? I heard areas like Mengwi is still pristine, has anyone lived there? Or what about west coast like Saba and Keramas?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
There are places all over Bali and most are cheaper than Canggu. But you need to give more clues about what you want, like:
* is it beach, or hills, or in between?
* how many minutes drive from a good supermarket could you bear to be?
* do you want other westerners as neighbours?
* do you want to be reasonably close to a interesting variety of restaurants, or entertainment venues?

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
As Ron says , it depends on what you want. The price of land in Bali is going up quite dramatically in the South but there is always the local that needs the cash in a hurry so best to pick your area, check with the land tax department on the real prices ( based on their rate evaluation ) and have the money ready.

I had our neighbour asking 200 Juta per are when I enquired about increasing our landholding approx 3 months ago and now he suddenly dropped to 170 Juta as he needs cash in a hurry. Is a good saving but the REAL value is only 150 Juta on the area I am in Bukit.

Cheers
Ken

anso

May 22, 2011
Well... I prefer to live in between and yes, most probably I do prefer to have other westerners as neighbour. Not that I am not comfortable with the banjar but there are stories in this forum about unwelcoming local people. The last thing I want to deal with is having a dispute with the local banjar.

Has anyone heard of Peguyangan area? Further north of Taman Rama School in Ubung? I drove around the area, quite enjoy the area and close to where I am planning to send my kids to school in future. Would be great to hear aboutthe area if anyone lived or currently living in or close to Peguyanggan. The land price is affordable and lots of green areas. I can probably get 5 are here for the price of 2 are in Canggu.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Has anyone heard of Peguyangan area? Further north of Taman Rama School in Ubung? I drove around the area, quite enjoy the area and close to where I am planning to send my kids to school in future. ....................

So you need a school and have one in mind - this is your biggest constraint -north, east and west Bali are not really options.

Good luck with your search.