flicker

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for all the invaluable info available on this forum!
Is 30mill p.m a reasonable base salary for a management position in Bali?
Thanks in advance

leandra

Feb 16, 2010
my comment

sorry but i think that is a wrong perspective.

with 5 million salary here in bali- you do nothing but survive- or at least try to.

5 million salary is a normal salary for a local manager or assistant manager but they make additional business with suppliers etc so they can reach 10 or 15 a month.

for expats, i would say all under 20 million is not allowing you to live normally.

a house is approx 100 million a year, depending on the location.
health insurance, kitas( if you pay on your own), grocery products( milk, yoghurts, bread, butter etc) is expensive and generally living costs in bali rise every month.

its an illusion that expats can live for 5 million a month here, sp-ecially if they have no family they can connect to and having a house and transport already provided.

therefore 30 million is a good salary which allows you to live in a decent way with all saftey you need,

kind regards
leandra

flicker

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks Leandra, it's very hard to gauge when I keep converting it to what is a reasonable salary in my country. I have been coming to Bali for the past 20yrs, but as a tourist, and as such you are not so conscious of the cost of living when you are on holiday!

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
It is a good but not great salary for an expat manager but then again it depends on what you manage and your responsibilities. It also depends on your "package" many companies give housing or allowances, pay for utilities maybe even servants plus car and driver etc.

In short it is not a salary that I would personally accept but you certainly can live on it and resonably well.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
The woman I know is a local and she is more of an assistant manager, she is underpaid mainly because she had no previous experience doing what she is doing. I used her as an example because a lot of big hotels hire locals and pay them poorly instead of hiring foreigners. Thus making it hard for foreigners to find work in these positions.

If you really wanted to you could easily live on 5 mil a month, but then again why would you want to.