adopt a beach in Bali

Harry08

So, Beck in Kuta beach at my favourite spot and guess what, to get to water, I have to walk through trash.
I ask the guy whos chair I usually rent and buy food and beer if he is up to earning extra cash.

So, I "adopted a slice of this beach" he cleaned it up and I payed him X k.

This slice of the beach is clean, I am happy and he is happy.

I invite you to do the same!

Here is an interesting article about cleaning the entire country in 1 day and how this idea started to spread internationally.

https://www.letsdoitworld.org/cleanworldleaders/en/index.php

Better get a few more X k ready as it will be the same again tomorrow or the following day. This is a yearly event due to the westerly winds during the wet season..Until they dissipate, hopefully soon, trash will continue to end-up on that coastline.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-21/bali-beaches-swamped-by-garbage/9467974

But it looks nice for few hours and the heap of crap they collected was impressive. I can skip a beer and be even. :)

Keeps me healthy and tiny slice of the beach clean for a day.

Imagine, if 50 tourists spent some pocket change like that every day.

Last edited:
So, Beck in Kuta beach at my favourite spot and guess what, to get to water, I have to walk through trash.
I ask the guy whos chair I usually rent and buy food and beer if he is up to earning extra cash.

So, I "adopted a slice of this beach" he cleaned it up and I payed him X k.

This slice of the beach is clean, I am happy and he is happy.

I invite you to do the same!

Here is an interesting article about cleaning the entire country in 1 day and how this idea started to spread internationally.

https://www.letsdoitworld.org/cleanworldleaders/en/index.php
Tell you what - you just not thinking that you support their laziness and stupidity. They do NOT want to learn till the whole island is destroyed. Anyway, enjoy your few squaremeter

Regardless, this shaut needs to be cleaned or it will go back to the ocean with next tide. Eastern, offshore winds will not "clean it up", garbage just floats offshore and nothing really changes.

Hadodi, it's nothing like it any more. This was probably December.

Regardless, this shaut needs to be cleaned or it will go back to the ocean with next tide. Eastern, offshore winds will not "clean it up", garbage just floats offshore and nothing really changes.

It does not matter WHEN it was, but THAT it was, my fri nd

Well, heres an idea, turn the rubbish into beach art, sculptures, monuments, statues, crazy shapes, just pile it up and start being creative, charge tourists to visit, sell them , a new industry awaits, T.

Well, heres an idea, turn the rubbish into beach art, sculptures, monuments, statues, crazy shapes, just pile it up and start being creative, charge tourists to visit, sell them , a new industry awaits, T.
You can find garbage from Indonesia at East African coast. There is a village which makes sculptures, but does not get money out of it

This problem is not unique to Bali where it is a cyclical problem from December - April. The Gov't does provide a clean-up but this year's unusual weather has overwhelmed them and volunteers stepped in.
Here are some pics of the problem on other beaches around the world......
https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_y...+by+trash&v_t=non_chrome-hyplogusaolp00000112
WHERE does all the garbage go? Is there any recycling industry here? What about the Governor's promise that Bali would be plastic free in 2015?!

You can find garbage from Indonesia at East African coast. There is a village which makes sculptures, but does not get money out of it
Start a Beach Art Rubbish Festival , all those bored creative Ubud expats probably would love to start it up , Arty tourists worldwide and even from Eatern Africa would probably attend too, who knows where it will end , plastic bottle water skiing , revycled rubbish hats and accessories, my favourite would be make your own bikini from whatever u find on the beach, of course both sexes could enter, I am on my way as a judge. T.

WHERE does all the garbage go? Is there any recycling industry here? What about the Governor's promise that Bali would be plastic free in 2015?!

It's the same problem the world over so no point in bashing Bali...we simply do not know how to rid ourselves of the garbage we produce.
If some enterprising Elon Musk type can find a way to convert garbage into something useful they would, at least, get a Nobel prize as well as be the richest person.
Converting into art is interesting, so credit to teddybear, but converting into some biomass, and using as recycling or a source of energy, is more in line with resolving the massive problem.
Throughout history homo-sapien just buried their rubbish and it naturally converted organically but, with the chemical compounds used in manufacturing in the last 100 years or so....it will take chemical engineers to invent some method to bio-degrade using a similar organic technique as nature does.
I'll stop my rant now as I'm going to sleep.

Last edited:
Back