Accommodation

Lily

May 11, 2005
New Zealand
Hi everyone,

Well I am moving to Bali in just under two months now and have a couple of questions about accommodation. Sorry if I sound really basic asking them but just wanted clarification if possible.

Firstly I will be looking at renting a place and have been told that usually you have to pay for a years rent in advance. Is this true and is there any way around it?

Also I will be looking at renting a place that is fully furnished and here is where I will probably sound basic. Does fully furnished include things like plates and cutlery and does would it include things like sheets.

I would just also like to say that I am delighted with my decision to come and live in Bali. However my parents and sister (the latter who lives in Aus) don't really want me to go. Particularly my sister who has seen a whole nation gripped with Corby fever. And subsequently I am finding the whole thing quite heavy going. I will be glad once I finally get there.

Thanks Lily

sander

Dec 29, 2004
Almere - The Netherlands
www.hamel.it
Hi Lily,

I live in bali sinds 1 October 2004. I rented a house including furniture for 12 million IDR per year ( Yes i had to pay in front ).

The furniture I got was a couch, table, bed, refrigerator etc. The only thing missing was a TV. I guess I live primitif compared to most other expats so maybe I am not the right person to asnwer.

Kawika

Apr 2, 2005
USA
Sander:

Thanks for sharing. Can you tell us more, about what you rented for that amount, size, general location, utilities? How you went about finding your place?

Thanks,
Dave

Lily

May 11, 2005
New Zealand
Hi Sander,

Thanks for the info that you shared. I feel that at the moment all information is useful to me so I really do appreciate it. I hope others will be able to share their ideas and experiences too.

Thanks again Lily