A romantic translation ...

irma1812

Jan 27, 2004
UK
Wow......Gerry, all I can say is.... you old romantic! :)

It's nice though to see how romance still exists! (You can tell that I've been married a life time, can't you?!!) :roll: By the way, you don't have a brother do you? My best friend adores Dorset! She goes there every year for her holidays and does intend to move there in the next year or so. I think she could do with finding a Dorset romantic like you! :wink:

Anyway, congrats to you and Vera.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
"Bersatu Padu" was the first words I ever came across in Malyau. It was the name of a joint military exercise I took part in with the Malay and British Army in 1971. It was not romantic then as we were deep inside the Jungle in Terranggu (spelling)

This was a top secret exercise but after a week we staggered out onto and asphalt road only to be met by an ice cream seller who knew all about our secret and knew the spot we would come out at. :) :)

Gerry

Dec 15, 2004
Dorset, UK
Re: RE: A romantic translation ...

irma1812 said:
Wow......Gerry, all I can say is.... you old romantic! :)

It's nice though to see how romance still exists! (You can tell that I've been married a life time, can't you?!!) :roll: By the way, you don't have a brother do you? My best friend adores Dorset! She goes there every year for her holidays and does intend to move there in the next year or so. I think she could do with finding a Dorset romantic like you! :wink:

Anyway, congrats to you and Vera.

Ha ha - I suppose I am a bit on the old fashioned romantic side - open doors for ladies and give up my seat sort of thing. I do have a brother - unfortunately I originate from Stourbridge in the West Midlands and he still lives there, so you best friend might not be so impressed with living just outside the Black Country :D

( The Black Country is the industrial area of south east Staffordshire, north east Worcestershire, north west Warwickshire, and south Shropshire. It is centred on the town of Dudley, and gained its name from the results of the massive atmospheric pollution produced by local metal-working industries, especially in the 19th century. Buildings and trees (where any survived) were black with soot, the stars were never visible in the sky, any washing hung outside was black with freshly deposited soot long before it was dry, and life expectancy was unsurprisingly short. )

irma1812

Jan 27, 2004
UK
Gerry, you are right! She WILL NOT be impressed with that! :lol: (No offence)

By the way, if you & Vera ever come up north (we're nr Manchester), you're welcome to come by. I'm Indonesian though not Balinese, but I do have a couple of Balinese friends here too she could meet.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Dyah,

I find your choice of abadi iso untuk selamanya excellent. So I would propose

Dua hati berpadu hari ini, bersama-sama abadi bagaimanapun juga

Many years ago, one of my pembantu was named Wayan Abadi. One of my poor Indo-English jokes was to comment on Wayan's service as being "abadi," as sometime he was not the speediest pembantu on the Island. :)

What about it, Gerry? Confused enough? :wink: